New Rig

gotdamojo06

I have never heard anything horrible or necesarly bad about SAPHIRE, so I was currious about what he had to say...

I was reading that for the prices, the 1950XT was better than the 8600, so im pretty sure Im going w/ my original 1950XT...

there wasnt even the 1950XT on the chart, it was just the 1900XT

All I know is that there is going to be a huge difference in gameplay w/ the 1950XT over the 9200...:lol:

Im thinking Im going to start to order soon, so everything looks good?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I remember a while back I wanted a SAPHIRE card and everyone said no...........but I don't know. The 8600 looks future-proofish I guess.

And I don't understand that. Why does the 7900 outperform the 8600?

Because the 8600 ain't that hot.

There are rumours of a 256-bit memory interface version coming sometime in the future, which may improve things somewhat.

I have read that the 8600 series cards are worth the savings. You would get the benefit of DX10 when it becomes more mainstream, but I would suggest a 8800GTS 320.

Well, I remember a while back I wanted a SAPHIRE card and everyone said no...........but I don't know. The 8600 looks future-proofish I guess.

And I don't understand that. Why does the 7900 outperform the 8600?

Cause the 8600 is like the 7600! A 6800GT is on par if not better than a 7600GT, so the 7900GS/GT/GTX/GTO will stomp all over the 8600GT/GTS. Even the X1950Pro beats the 8600GT/GTS pretty bad!

I have read that the 8600 series cards are worth the savings. You would get the benefit of DX10 when it becomes more mainstream, but I would suggest a 8800GTS 320.

When DX10 comes out (not anytime soon with the usual delays!), the 8600GT/GTS will be WAY too weak to be able to bring out all the eye candy. Therefore, getting a good DX9 card is the way to go at the moment, also because DX10 is totally overhyped.

When DX10 comes out (not anytime soon with the usual delays!), the 8600GT/GTS will be WAY too weak to be able to bring out all the eye candy. Therefore, getting a good DX9 card is the way to go at the moment, also because DX10 is totally overhyped.

bigred has made some posts to totally disagree.