dual gpu question

blaster

can anyone help me ?????? does installing two or more vdeocard of the same brand and specs improve my gaming, say if you install two 512mb vdeocard, will it come out as 1 gig ? or the only thing that will be upgraded in installing two vdeocard is the monitor output (quad monitor)? which is better in the videocard, installing 1 vdeocard with 1 gig or two vdeocard with 512mb? tnx for helping

As both seen in SLI and Crossfire, they only offer a general 50% boost. And the cost just doesn't justify it.

Unless your talking about running two cards seperatley, in which case, won't do squat unless your running a lot of monitors.

As both seen in SLI and Crossfire, they only offer a general 50% boost. And the cost just doesn't justify it.

Unless your talking about running two cards seperatley, in which case, won't do squat unless your running a lot of monitors.

would you recommend 2 vdeocards than 1 vdeocards with the 50% boost ? can i ran two vdeocards with different capacity ( like 256mb/256bit and 256mb/128bit)

would you recommend 2 vdeocards than 1 vdeocards with the 50% boost ? can i ran two vdeocards with different capacity ( like 256mb/256bit and 256mb/128bit)

Depends on your setup, which is?

Depends on your setup, which is?

i am trying to complete my intel d975bx mobo, intel e6600 processor , 500gig hd, 2 gig ram , dvd rw optical drive , i am planning to use a thermaltake 735 liquid cooling , i plan to use this for media center that is why i am thinking about the vdeocard which will be better. i will be editing some video files that i have . tnx again for any info you could give me

i am trying to complete my intel d975bx mobo, intel e6600 processor , 500gig hd, 2 gig ram , dvd rw optical drive , i am planning to use a thermaltake 735 liquid cooling , i plan to use this for media center that is why i am thinking about the vdeocard which will be better. i will be editing some video files that i have . tnx again for any info you could give me

Media center as in just watching movies, encoding videos, using as a TV or using on a TV? If your just encoding video files, then the GPU has nothing to do with it at all (Encoding=CPU+Mem+HDD). If your building a media center and not gaming, then look for decent video cards and then a TV Tuner/Out card.

Edited by The Unforgivin

Media center as in just watching movies, encoding videos, using as a TV or using on a TV? If your just encoding video files, then the GPU has nothing to do with it at all (Encoding=CPU+Mem+HDD). If your building a media center and not gaming, then look for decent video cards and then a TV Tuner/Out card.

oh ok! tnx for your info

Seeing as you don't even know the difference between SLi or Crossfire it seems, or whether or not what you are doing even supports it, I'm not sure why you seem so enthusiastic about throwing money at a technology that really doesn't offer that much of a benefit. I think your question should have been "Is it worth it for me to spend upwards of $1000 for less than 1.8x performance increase? And what will I be using the most in a media center." And on that note, there are some nice TV cards out there. Do you want HD or SD resolutions?