Syncmaster 931b on ATI Radeon 9600

Hey everyone i purchased this LCD monitor Samsung SyncMaster931b about 2 months ago and running it on ATI Radeon 9600 video card. I myself and my friends think i can be getting a much better picture than iam right now, all the reviews and good comments i read about this monitor shows that. For some reason my picture is not crisp and overall is weak. I need help tweaking it, i dont know where to start i'm a little new, but do i understand some terms. If someone can help i would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

The 931B is a good monitor... and the 9600 should be able to display a good image on it. Make sure you're running at 1280x1024, 32-bit color, and make sure your refresh rate is set to 60hz if it didn't default to that already. Going to Display Properties > Appearance > Effects > and enabling ClearType wil also increase the contrast of the text on your screen.

Give us a screenshot or something so we can see what exactly you're talking about.

The 931B is a good monitor... and the 9600 should be able to display a good image on it. Make sure you're running at 1280x1024, 32-bit color, and make sure your refresh rate is set to 60hz if it didn't default to that already. Going to Display Properties > Appearance > Effects > and enabling ClearType wil also increase the contrast of the text on your screen.

Give us a screenshot or something so we can see what exactly you're talking about.

Hey, thanx alot, i did what you told me set it to 1280x1024, put on 32bit color and fixed the rate, and now i feel like iam actually seeing a bettter quality. thank you very much

Hey, thanx alot, i did what you told me set it to 1280x1024, put on 32bit color and fixed the rate, and now i feel like iam actually seeing a bettter quality. thank you very much

What was your screen resolution before you set it to 1280x1024? If you had it at 1024x768 then that was most likely the cuplrit. The monitor's native resolution is 1280x1024, and if the monitor is forced to scale the image down to any resolution below its native (e.g. 1024x768), it can lead to a crappy/blurred/lopsided/uncomfortable picture