OCCT Perestroika : 16-core support, graphs, custom sensors...

Tetedeiench

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I just have to stress how cool it is to hear that you're actively working on advancing this project again. There aren't many tools out there for this sort of stuff. Orthos/SP2004/Prime95 are VERY nice, but they're all using the same core software that's been around for YEARS now. SuperPi is nice too, but again, it hasn't really changed in years. To see something totally new is pretty cool.

If you could get OCCT to stress one or two gpus with pixel shading, this could quickly become the best stability test out there. I wish you the best of luck!

Man, I just have to stress how cool it is to hear that you're actively working on advancing this project again. There aren't many tools out there for this sort of stuff. Orthos/SP2004/Prime95 are VERY nice, but they're all using the same core software that's been around for YEARS now. SuperPi is nice too, but again, it hasn't really changed in years. To see something totally new is pretty cool.

If you could get OCCT to stress one or two gpus with pixel shading, this could quickly become the best stability test out there. I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks :) I will try really hard :) The memtest option is almost there (probably 1.1.2 or something like that). As for the GPU, i'm looking for somebody with 3d programming language... and if i can't find anybody, i'll do it myself, but it'll take much more time, unfortunatly... i have a bit of knowledge in 3d programming, but nothing that goes beyond modeling a planetarium 4 years ago in OpenGL...

defently make the GPU testing an option that can be turned off and on...my vid card is old

That's an "of course" :)

Thanks :) I will try really hard :) The memtest option is almost there (probably 1.1.2 or something like that). As for the GPU, i'm looking for somebody with 3d programming language... and if i can't find anybody, i'll do it myself, but it'll take much more time, unfortunatly... i have a bit of knowledge in 3d programming, but nothing that goes beyond modeling a planetarium 4 years ago in OpenGL...

Post a topic in the Programmers Cornner here at OCC

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showforum=39

Maybe someone will be willing to help and give back to the program that we use when we are getting those few extra MHz :)

Plus it will be great bragging rights for someone here on OCC to say, "yeah thats right, I helped OCCT with some of the programming...you dont believe me, check out the about...theres my name..."

Some news about the 8-cores server : OCCT detects an error fast in "RAM" mode (below 10mins), between 15~1h in CPU&RAM mode, and runs flawlessly in CPU mode :

occtoctopro3ss5.jpg

The server is unstable, and of all the tests i know of (orthos, superpi, and such), only OCCT reported the server being unstable.

But, as OCCT is running flawlessly in CPU mode, it *cannot* be a bug in OCCT (all OCCT modes share the same algorithm, only the data changes. As the CPU mode is running fine, it meas OCCT can handle 8-cores... and thus... OCCT is fine here).

==> OCCT PT 1.1.0 validated on a bi-quad-core :) And more efficient than anything else :)

What is, in your opinion, more important :

• A memtest-like under windows in the memory left free by the OS
  • A GPU test to load both CPU and GPU to stress the power supply much more (no error checking on the GPU)
  • A programmable OCCT where you can build your custom tests (like "myowntest=1h CPU&RAM, 30minCPU, 2h RAM", with graph generation

Thanks for your opinion :)