ATI Radeon X1950XT PCI-E to work with Viesonic E90B?

BlaineBug

Yes any PCIe board will work with the 1900, however it seems silly to spend the money on not only an SLI board, but NOT the best SLI board just to pair it with a top end ATI card...making SLI useless and Crossfire a no go. sure back b4 crossfire was an option and the ATI based boards were subpar at best pairing with an nVidia chipset was a good option...but I REALLY have to question the ASUS options with the nForce 4 chipset.

As for the cooler, many were designed before the FX-60 was relased and list specs for the FX-55 as max bc it was the best out at the time. That being said if the cooler has that much age there ARE better coolers out there. Of course depending on the exact model you may still be ok, but with an FX-60 listed in the specs I would think you would want one of the newer improved options.

Not to take up another thread......

Asus A8N 32-SLI-Deluxe NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard

Would that motherboard work with an ATI PCI-E x16 card although it supports the Nvidia SLI type deal?

ALSO alot of the CPU coolers I see have a maximum processor listed as AMD 64 FX-55. I'm getting the FX-60. Does this mean it won't work, or what?

It'll work, but you might as well get a crossfire mobo

SLI=nVidia

Crossfire=ATI

See this far better for the money. Any reason why your not going Core 2 Duo? the Price:Performance ratio on an FX-60 just isn't good.... On the budget end yes, AMD is the way to go, but on a $600 performance rig? A $300 e6600 Core 2 Duo would spank it

A single ATI card will work on any PCI-E motherboard regardless of chipset. And as others have said only SLI on nvidia and Xfire on ATI however there are exceptions. For SLI there are hacked drivers that work on crossfire boards and for xfire it is speculated that x1650/x1950pros can work on SLi boards due to the new xfire improvements (moving of the composite engine and new bridges).

For cooling Id recommend the SI-128 with a nice highflow 120mm.

Also Ill second the fact that you should go C2D rather than fx60.