INF 975X/G - Big Typhoon VX with Noctua NC-U6 NB?

Bompus

Does anyone have experience or pictures of a Big Typhoon VX CPU HSF along with a Noctua NC-U6 chipset cooler on the northbridge? I am going to be using a 8800GTX video card as well so I want to know if it will all fit somehow. The only main thing I am worried about is the clearance of the CPU HSF and the NC-U6 on the northbridge.

Anybody with this setup or pics of it. PLEASE reply!

Bompus

Edit - If it won't fit or nobody has tried it, please reply with what NB fan you are using along with the Big Typhoon or Big Typhoon VX.

Does anyone have experience or pictures of a Big Typhoon VX CPU HSF along with a Noctua NC-U6 chipset cooler on the northbridge? I am going to be using a 8800GTX video card as well so I want to know if it will all fit somehow. The only main thing I am worried about is the clearance of the CPU HSF and the NC-U6 on the northbridge.

Anybody with this setup or pics of it. PLEASE reply!

Bompus

Edit - If it won't fit or nobody has tried it, please reply with what NB fan you are using along with the Big Typhoon or Big Typhoon VX.

Heres a picture of it. I have the Big Typhoon on this motherboard the GA-965P-DQ6

Edited by road-runner

road, its 965P :D

I googled some pictures, I highly doubt thats gonna work! They are both quite high. Seperately they would most likely work, but both of them will be a problem IMO. Look into Thermalright's Chipset cooling solutions, they should fit (I forgot the name :))

The infinity 975X/G board I am trying is 975x as the name implies. I am doubting both will fit and maybe the thermalright offset sli northbridge cooler will work? All I know is I need some type of extra cooling on the NB. Thanks!

good luck...hope you get it to work and keep them temps down low...

I noticed that you are a new member, why not introduce yourself on the forums in the n00b section and put your system specs in your signature :)

maybe check out F@H as well?