The TEC Cooler came, let's OC this FX-55!

kendellrt

Ok, I am getting a Gigabyte board from cchalogamer. It has AGP, so I don't have to worry about buying any other new components. I'll post again when it gets here so we can get started!

Also, I am thinking of getting the CM Centurion 5 case; I found it locally for about $45. I was impressed with it inside and out. Does anybody have anything to say about it before I relocate my rig into it?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure do! That's a great case! I have built at least 5 of them that I can count. I put all my "for other people" builds in them. They're simple, cheap, and a great layout. I like that Centurion a LOT.

It looks as though this thread is dead, for now. My PSU and CPU have fried, as well as my Neo2. I got a Gigabyte board from cchalogamer that I will probably use, but I have to wait until I can get the other parts to go in it first. So for now, I am back on the intarweb from the library.

I may be asking for new build recommendations in the next week or so.

Whwhahaha what the heck happend to the other parts... :'( Well then again you did say PSU i dead too...anyway...that reminds me, funny story about that board being used as a test bed for other 939 hardware, a local guy had PCI-e system Lo and I were testign parts form everyhting checked out in that system (and the video card in my main rig at the time) and we thouhg we had narrowed it down to his motherboard only based on it not bootign with the GA-K8NS-939 based system's PSU, we decided to test his shinny new PSU just to be sure (Silverstone 550W I think...it's been 6 montsh or more) When I hit the power button the smell of burning PC parts filled the case and in my heart I was expecting a dead board :'( turns out the smell was from the x800xtpe area yet nothing was fried...chalk it up as luck but the PSU and board were sent off for RMA as i slowly started breathing again.

Looks like your luck and mine are both in the crapper (Ive posted in a few places but no sig update, but my P5B-E bought the farm last week with zero warning) Of course I hope you dont have an extra crispy Silverado and all the other crap I have on top of my PC problems aswell...