Very Intresting

NCC10281982B

I found a link to this while reading a wired blog about cars. The side bar on the previously linked page lead to this. OK, so the government (part of it at least) is trying to stop the sale of these scientific chemicals on the basis that you can make bombs with them, Ok fine. And I thought the hydrogen kit was pretty dang cool. Looks like it may never be available. :(

The Benjamin Franklin quote is great imho.

That would be fun to attempt to assemeble, thats crap how the government is stopping the sales of it because you can make a bomb, you can make a bomb out of a bunch of things, but they are stopping the sales of those items...

My thoughts exactly. You can make bombs out of a lot of things. I did some more reading on the site. Another page makes it sound like the legal problems are solved. Also I go to thinking lets say you own a mechanic shop. I'd imagine you could make a fair amount of $$ selling and installing these things.

omg thats retarded! You can make a bomb out of a ton of things, but no, the stuff that is gonna be used to make cleaner and cheaper cars eventually will be banned :(

I thought it was the USA, land of the free... appears that free might need to get redefined if the United States is banning all sorts of things...

United Nuclear is a great site. I've made orders with them in the past and everything was great. I know that their legal problems are not solved, because if they were then I would be able to buy fuses and tubes again.

Heres an email that I got from them on 12/28/06 when I emailed them about why they didnt have any fuse or tubes:

We started dropping pyrotechnic supplies from our inventory and are leaning more on scientific sales.

It's becoming almost impossible to fight all the new regulations dealing with firework supplies and the Feds want all the personal information from anyone who orders any tubes, fuse, or anything related to fireworks/pyrotechnics. Since we refuse to give up customer information, we won't be selling them until we can resolve the matter in court.