Why is it doing this?

Queenz

How come on OCCT 1/2 Test I failed on my OC, but running Orthos for 24 Hours on Priority 10 a week ago I passed?

BTW: If OCCT tests your OC better than Orthos then I would recommend to others that have only been using Orthos or Prime 95 to switch to OCCT instead for checking for true stability, and that goes for people too that have been showing OCing results in the LGA 775 Overclocking Competition because yours may not even be fully stable at all!!!

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

How come on OCCT 1/2 Test I failed on my OC, but running Orthos for 24 Hours on Priority 10 a week ago I passed?

BTW: If OCCT tests your OC better than Orthos then I would recommend to others that have only been using Orthos or Prime 95 to switch to OCCT instead for checking for true stability, and that goes for people too that have been showing OCing results in the LGA 775 Overclocking Competition because yours may not even be fully stable at all!!!

Fully stable is different for everyone. In MY opinion, I don't need a program to tell me if my overclock is fully stable. If I can play my game perfect for hours and hours without crashing, I would say that my computer is stable.

well 24 hours stable means that your computer will run for 24 hours without crashing at 100% load, and how offten are you going to run for 24 hours at 100% load? unless you are folding... never. I like to go for atleast 12 hour stable, if its a folding rig i go for 24

queenz, CALM DOWN. OCCT test stability quickly, 30 minutes. I had OCCT stable at 3.2GHz but needed more volts for Orthos stability.

So which one should I believe the OCCT or Orthos?

believe both... they don't lie... believe everything

OCCT 1/2 hour test, and infinite torture

Orthos 24 hours, and more

3DMark (all of them)

new games like F.E.A.R. and Prey, Oblivion and BF2/2142

if ANYthing fails, it's not stable...