• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest buick454wnos

core temp is a POS IMO

edit:

its the same with both proggys

Edited by buick454wnos

yeah i dunno why you use coretemp lol... the bios/mbm/smartguardian temps are accurate enough imo (for the dfi nf4 non-expert series anyway lol :P expert has incorrect temp values with some bios versions or something like that, i can't quite remember)

anyway buick dude lol... you'd probably want to go head to head with ccokeman and/or caffeinejunkie cos i've got a toledo/denmark core that won't go much further... and they both have x2 3800s... both good :)

initial results look promising... i got around 2.8-2.85 on stock volts on my single core opterons and they ended up 3.05-3.07GHz fully stable at ~1.61v

lol, Mr. Phase Change gets his gear ready :P

On the heatsink it was more like the smartguardian temps, but I am gonna take off the heatsink and somehow attack the thermometer directly to the core and have a look at REAL temps :D

:angry: core temp is correct.... sadly.... :angry:

Had the shutdown temp at 65C, turned off the fan, had the thermometer to the heatsink, thermometer goes from around 35-45, smartguardian as well, Core Temp sears from 50 to 57 to 61 to 65 and it shut off... SO, the only thing I can test now is lower volts (doing that right now, 1.51smething) and see if thats stable...

*raises hand* Can I come out to play? lol :)

no! get back in your meatlocker... you can have a small hole to feed power and ethernet through and that's it!

*slams door shut*