New Wheels

skinny

Since everyone else seems to post when they get a new vehicle, I might as well too.

By the end of today, I should be driving a 2007 F350 Lariet CC SB w/ 6.0L Powerstroke. My '99 F250 LD w. 5.4 gas just wasn't enough truck for what I need it for, so it was time to upgrade.

I know the 2008's will be released in a couple months, with more power, and some cosmetic changes, but that just means they are trying to clear out the '07's now so they aren't stuck with them on the lot. Therefore, VERY aggressive pricing on them. I got an excellent deal, including getting about $3000 more than I expected on my trade. I am very happy with the deal I got.

I will post pics when its sitting in my driveway.

Live on a farm or work construction?

Haul snowmobiles. When I make it back home to my parents place, I help out on the farm. But this truck is for toys, not so much work.

you won't be overly happy with it :( . I bought about 40 of them for the parks. they drive pretty bad, prone to radiator explosions, suck gas like no tomorrow, and really don't have enough power :( even the 80+ F450 (standard 4x4 pickup config) work trucks we've got are really lacking something.

of course I much prefer the new Dodge HD's over the Ford's now. they've been much more reliable and just better all around.

the old 7.3L ford was a much better setup. only have one of those and so far it's been rock solid.

you won't be overly happy with it :( . I bought about 40 of them for the parks. they drive pretty bad, prone to radiator explosions, suck gas like no tomorrow, and really don't have enough power :( even the 80+ F450 (standard 4x4 pickup config) work trucks we've got are really lacking something.

of course I much prefer the new Dodge HD's over the Ford's now. they've been much more reliable and just better all around.

the old 7.3L ford was a much better setup. only have one of those and so far it's been rock solid.

I actually wanted the Chevy w/ Duramax, but can't get a 3500 with a short box. My local Dodge dealer sucks, and the next closest is about an hour and a half drive away. I get great service from the local Ford people, so thats what I went with.

The F350 is probably overkill over what I need, the new F250's probably would have been fine. The problem is that the taxes are higher on the 250's than the 350's here. And this way, it won't be getting worked nearly as hard as it is capable of.

oh man you'd HATE the gm's then.

crap ground clearance... and lets look at who ever came up with an aluminum block diesel with sleeved cylinders... take them out back, beat them with thier own shoes THEN send them back the drawing board to try again.