We Got Lucky

NCC10281982B

As some of you may know there was a major wind storm in western Washington 2 days ago. The stats I read on the power company website said 700,000 customers lost power, us included. My house did not suffer any damage from falling trees. :) Others in the neighborhood where less fortunate. Pics below.

DSCF0011__Medium_.jpgDSCF0012__Medium_.jpg

DSCF0020__Medium_.jpgDSCF0021__Medium_.jpg

This was 2 blocks away. The tree crushed 1 house's garage and also hit the house next door.

DSCF0015__Medium_.jpgDSCF0023__Medium_.jpg

This is in the living room of my next door neighbor.

DSCF0016__Medium_.jpg

The good news is the phones and hot water work.

you did get lucky, but too bad for your neighbors

:withstupid: , luckily for us in vancouver, it wan't that bad. Especially since there are like no trees next to houses anywhere here, but it wasn't as bad here as in washington.

A couple of years ago, we had a tropical storm in our area that blew down a couple of trees. One of the trees in the mini-forest behind our house fell and missed my sister's room by literally a couple of feet. That was a close call.

if you just used bricks and plaster instead of balsa wood and cardboard, you wouldn't have half the problems...

i dunno eh, it's as if Americans never heard about the Three Little Pigs :lol:

glad yer alright though dude

Still no power at home. :( Work had power as or about 6 last night. :(

Power crews where working on my street today. I hope to have power within 2 days.

Gang, the three little pigs references are not appreciated. according to the local radio (710kiro.com) People are dieing because of this.

I am thankful for the camping experiences myself and my family has had to get us through this.