Fahmon

gotdamojo06

I was wondering if there was a way to run F@H on my desktop and my laptop (both wireless networked at school) and usefahmon on my desktop to monitor both the desktop and the laptop...

i know I can use it on the desktop to monitor the desktops progress, but it would be nice if i could do it to watch both...

I know that you can do that with EMIII - just share the folding folder on the laptop and point EMIII to that share on the network. As long as both machines are members of the same workgroup it should be a piece of cake. I use EMIII to monitor 12 different instances of folding on my home network.

I know that you can do that with EMIII - just share the folding folder on the laptop and point EMIII to that share on the network. As long as both machines are members of the same workgroup it should be a piece of cake. I use EMIII to monitor 12 different instances of folding on my home network.

Yes Fahmon works the same way I am currently monitor 32 clients.

:foldon:

yeah i just figured it out, i had to install the f@h on the laptops shared network drive.

Another quick question, would i have been able to install the F@H on the laptop's shared drive from my desktop and it run on the laptop? my laptop is a pain in the butt to work on. (Hate those dang touch mouse pointer pad things...no extra mouse laying around)

I am monitoring the 2.5 machines I have folding with EMIII. 2.5 because the Home PC is only 50% and not in use that often, and my laptop shouldn't count either, because its in other use when I am at school (I take it to school).

EMIII is easy to use. Road-Runner, why do you feel that way? All I do is go into properties and make that folder as the only one that can be shared, but not edited. No one can do anything to that file except for me. So, it isn't a problem. I just installed F@H on a 3rd machine. Let's see how long it takes to get done since it is using a Celeron processor. But I guess it may be a problem when people know what they are doing. I know no one in my family accesses the network files, so I don't worry.

what? hackers from Anadtech are gonna enter your F@H folder and steal your WU's because you shared it? :lol:

thats close to being paranoid :P

Yea they might change my team #s to theres! No j/k thats just what I have always heard to disable file sharing, I know I sure like being able to monitor all my machines from my main computer which I need to change out. My folders are better machines than the one I am on a Sony 2.4B.

:foldon: