Giant Crt Owners

r_target

My Optiquest (Viewsonic budget model) 19" has recently commited suicide, leaving me with only my ancient Compaq 21" Trinitron, which is so old I have to do a hack "eyeball-it" color calibration with driver software to make it look even close to accurate. So anyway.......looking for recommendations on a 21" CRT. Accurate color and good contrast are my main criteria, but I'd like crispness and the flattest screen possible too.

stay clear of a trinitron... man those things fall appart and sony sony stinks to deal with.

however for the price, I'd say take a look at a 19" lcd. they're close in viewable size to a 21" crt, much smaller, and a LOT cheaper to ship. plus most of your 21" crts are higher end nowdays... making them EXPENSIVE.

ebay is where i got mine... a lot of businesses use ebay to get rid of old stock it would seem... there are plenty of new large crt's on ebay... saw quite a few P1130's (max rez on that is 2048x1546, as opposed the 1600x1200 which is often quoted - actually the recommended rez)

Edited by hardnrg

jeez guys, I get adds from all the local PC shops with Acer 19" regular and wide screen LCD's for under $200 all the time. heck even see em as low as $150... OUT THE DOOR price too.

and that's for NEW hardware not used CRT's.