Burning .iso Files....

gotdamojo06

Since they are movies I would extract the files (using MagicISO) and then open up the files in DVD Shrink. Using DVD Shrink you should be able to compress the files to fit onto a single layer DVD.

The 4gb one shouldnt be a problem but the 6gb one would be.

In the end you should have a bunch of .vob files and then an .ifo file or something. Then you can burn them to a DVD and it should play in your DVD player.

Or if it's easier, just mount the iso and open it with dvd shrink (If its still legal?). Dvd shrink is set up to automatically compress iso's to fit onto normal dvd's.

Ahhh.... I forgot I think you need nero to take advantage of dvd shrink's burning software though.

(Maybe download a free trial)

Just my 2 cents.

Or if it's easier, just mount the iso and open it with dvd shrink (If its still legal?). Dvd shrink is set up to automatically compress iso's to fit onto normal dvd's.

Ahhh.... I forgot I think you need nero to take advantage of dvd shrink's burning software though.

(Maybe download a free trial)

Just my 2 cents.

I guess mounting the ISOs would work too. I dont use the burning option in DVD Shrink. I just have it save the files to a hard drive location and open Nero and add the files and then burn.

ok they are dvd+r disks

the movie 2 fast 2 furious is a 7.83 GB

I have nero, but i use dvd decrypter to extract a .iso file as well as burn the .iso file.

do you guys think dvd shrink would a better choice for both burning and extracting .iso files?

It'll be easier. With DVD Shrink all you do is click on the "Open File" button near the top and point it to the drive with the movie in it. It'll automatically analyze the movie, and give you the break-down of how much it'll have to be compressed in order to fit on a single-layer disc. You have the option to un-check anything you don't want to burn (foreign languages, bonus features, menus, audio tracks, etc.). You can also change the compression ratio if you'd like (compress the menus and extras more in order to save some of the movie quality). If everything is set to your liking, go ahead and click the "Backup" icon at the top and make sure the burn settings are correct, then let 'er rip it'll use Nero to burn)! It's a really easy proggy to use.

*edit* It's also free. Here's the link if you want to download it.