Rig Trouble

burgerLord

I'm having trouble with my new rig :(

Everything seems to boot fine. but i can't get any video. Moniters fine

running DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D MotherBoard

XFX 6600LE PCI-E 256MB graphics card

Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W PSU

Mushkin XP4000 2gb (2x1gb)

I get two red lights to show up on the bottom left of the motherboard, and when I first power on its four.

Plz Help!!!

PS. Everything seems to be getting power

Edited by burgerLord

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha dude same problem that we kept getting and the way to fix it.... im not telling you cause i like cake!! well keep trying. j/k....ill tell you when ur older

Say what <_>

Anyways do you have access to another Video card if you know that your monitor is fine?

You going to have to if you want to find out if its you VC. Other then that you can sit here and guess all day until you try another card.

You can try removing the card and putting it back in and see if that does it but I doubt it.

ok, i just got a crazy idea. maybe a stupid one. but my dell (shoot me later, i paid my dues.) requires you to choose pci/agp for video in the bios. if your bios is something like that. somehow it may think that you are supposed to be using a pci video card as opposed to pci-express. (no idea where it would get this idea) so try resetting the cmos. actually wait till someone with that motherboard comments on my suggestion. cuz it might be pointless.

You going to have to if you want to find out if its you VC. Other then that you can sit here and guess all day until you try another card.

You can try removing the card and putting it back in and see if that does it but I doubt it.

Problem is, I dont have access to another video card. :(

Did you try re-seating the card yet? Try that it could be that it's not making good contact. Double check the power to the card also. :blink:

done all that, even used a different pcie slot.

Its running on a set with nothing else pluged in

After another hour of messing with the motherboard/vga and reading about it. It looks like my VGA is the problem, most likely going to have to RMA or is there some way to fix this? :(

Also, what is S/PDIF in/out?

Edited by burgerLord

You install the card first, then install the latest drivers. The default Windows VGA driver is enough to get around until you can download the one you need. But, if the monitor never receives the signal, the driver that you have isn't the issue. If you have no means of testing another card, RMA it and see what happens.