Rig Trouble

burgerLord

Gah, thats what I was afraid of :(

But I havent even touched software..lol

just put it all togeather and powered on..no windows, no motherboard drivers..nothing

Edited by burgerLord

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if it gets stuck with 2 LED's lit while trying to POST, doesn't that mean that something is amiss with the RAM? Try reseating the memory to see what happens. Or try just one stick, maybe you have a bad one.

ive gone over just about everything i can think of off the top of my head without actually being there to test it...and still havent been able to come across the problem

sounds like it might be time to get it replaced

The PC you're usign now...I take it is has an AGP card...if not shoot yourself in the foot NOW. :lol:

YOu might wanna try takign out the ram and swapping with a single stick of something else if you have it (any DDR 2100 or better SHOULD work) Of course clear CMOS, unplug it for a few mins while clearing, hit pwr button while unplugged. Just a few things off the top of my head. Oh make sure CPU fan is pluged in...yeah ok that's all ive got for now...

The PC you're usign now...I take it is has an AGP card...if not shoot yourself in the foot NOW. :lol:

YOu might wanna try takign out the ram and swapping with a single stick of something else if you have it (any DDR 2100 or better SHOULD work) Of course clear CMOS, unplug it for a few mins while clearing, hit pwr button while unplugged. Just a few things off the top of my head. Oh make sure CPU fan is pluged in...yeah ok that's all ive got for now...

yeah its running a GeForce 5200 agp 8x. I have reset the cmos and tried the ram from this rig.

Nothing <_<