My 4000+ Is Underclocking?!?!?!?!

Ok, well, my 3Dmark 05 scores seemed to be low, and now I think I know why, my 4000+ was for some reason operating at 2ghz stock, I overclocked it to 2.4ghz, but it won't overclock any higher now. Is there a reason for this? What can I do to return its operation to 2.4ghz stock and then overclock.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i just saw your pics in the link from your sig. i notices you dont have the molex and floppy power connected on mobo. I would put those in there for just some extra stabilit. but about the cpu my only thought it faulty. but there has to be a bios option somewhere. what multi do you have it at?

I highly doubt his cpu is faulty i mean we probley dont have the setting for it set up right... i said "maybe ur bios is holding ti back from its high performance... and thats probley the issue.. yea well we will try to drivers and utilities and stuff maybe we can get it fixed.. thanks for the help guys!

Thanks,

Go to genie bios settings and set the cpu/fsb ratio (something like that) to 12.

614428[/snapback]

I'd give you guys results, but Im at school right now, so I won't be able to test anything till I get home, and since my router is still dead, I have no internet at home, so I also would appreciate all the possible help before 3:00PM or something. Thank you all, so, so far, Ill be checking the "genie bios" for the HTT multiplier. Does anyone have any specific instructions? google hasn't really helped me finding the multiplier setting looks like :( .