Just A Small Question On Overclocking

im overclocking my computer no problems with it but i noticed that i have a PCIE clock. do i need to turn this up to?? its at 100mhz

also like to say thks for the fax help it was great help!

• 10 months later...

Some people have claimed that bumping the PCI-E frequency up a few mhz has helped their stability. As far as I can tell, it's highly debatable. If you aren't a really hard-core overclocker, I think it's best to just leave it at 100 (default).

Some people have claimed that bumping the PCI-E frequency up a few mhz has helped their stability. As far as I can tell, it's highly debatable. If you aren't a really hard-core overclocker, I think it's best to just leave it at 100 (default).

Im one of these people. It's actually recommended that for Nvidia based cards use 101mhz and with ATI 105mhz. Personally myself I sat and played around with pcie frequency for a day and 103-105mhz gave me a decent stability increase. Nothing monumental but when your pushing for every last mhz it's something you might wanna look into.

Also it isnt like the agp frequency which should always be locked at 66mhz.

Edited by caffeinejunkie

Im one of these people.

LOL. Yours was exactly the name I was thinking of. :P

For every person I see that says it helps, I see another person that says it's crazy. Honestly, I haven't tried. But from what I can see, unless you're a really hard-core tweaker, it probably isn't worth your time either way.

I have to agree with caffeinejunkie here, although I didn't try it for a day (I ain't as crazy as him :lol:). I found that when using clockgen, and HZs at DDR600, PCI-e frequency can make a substantial difference :P

How I tested was that I booted at settings that I knew would barely fail SuperPI 1M, and played around with the PCI-e clock for a bit until it would pass (and A64Tweaker if I had to). Most stable for single 7800GT seemed to be 102-104