Strange Problem With Monitor

ok, i got a 21 inch graphics quality monitor that has a problem. part of the monitor is covered by blackness edging in from the right side (my right) on low refresh rates and low resolutions it covers up to 2/3's the screen. on high resolutions such as 1600x1200 @ 85hz (i believe) might have been 75 it only covers the right 1/5th. im bout ready to throw this monitor away. but i figured id ask on some slim chance that someone knows what im talkin about.

if you really need pictures i can maybe get some if i borrow a camera.

Does it happen on lower resolutions?

Try differen't combinations of resolutions and refresh rates.

Sounds like its toast though. Unless it works on lower resolutions.

Btw: out of curiosity, is this an interlacing moniter or non-interlacing moniter?

doubt its interlacing,  the problem is worse at lower resolutions, oh and one of the buttons for adjusting the menu is gone, im gonna see if i can fixe that, i might be able to salvage it somewhat that way.  we will see.

613930[/snapback]

It sounds like the electron gun in the back is wacked. Good luck, and please remmeber not to open a CRT unless your specically trained to do so.

im being careful, just gonna work on the switch in the front, i dont wanna die today. but yeah, if this dont work, i think its toast

edit: didnt help any to fidget with the settings. so unless someone has a miracle cure, i guess im gonna throw it away tommrow. i can throw it in the dumpster at school right. by throw i mean set in there. not literally throw.

im being careful, just gonna work on the switch in the front, i dont wanna die today.  but yeah, if this dont work, i think its toast

edit: didnt help any to fidget with the settings.  so unless someone has a miracle cure, i guess im gonna throw it away tommrow.  i can throw it in the dumpster at school right. by throw i mean set in there. not literally throw.

613933[/snapback]

You have to dispose of CRT's in the proper place. And I don't think its a school dumpster. You could probably ask your School's Computer teacher, or google it.

CRT's are very hazardious if not disposed of properly.