Sluggish Performance

HogDog

Hello, I'm getting sluggish performance while doing photoshop when i get up to about 120 to 150 layers and animations when they get about to 400 to 500 frames. some one told me that i might be my video card, since its aimed more at accuracy than speed. would say a 7800 GTX improve performance? what are your guys thoughts?

Paranthesis were un-necessary.

Get a couple single gig sticks by G.SKILL, they have some PC3200 DDR-SDRAM ones for real cheap. And, given my past experience with them, it should be solid stuff.

612127[/snapback]

well i already have two gigs of corsair so i would prolly get more of that. BTW should i really mix 512MB modules and 1 gig Modules?

Edited by HogDog

well i already have to gigs of corsair so i would prolly get more of that. BTW should i really mix 512MB modules and 1 gig Modules?

612149[/snapback]

Damm, I thought I saw only 1 GB. Sorry. And you can mix the RAM modules however, you will notice a slight preformence decrease.

well i already have to gigs of corsair so i would prolly get more of that. BTW should i really mix 512MB modules and 1 gig Modules?

Nah, just go ahead and add another gig stick of that corsair... hopefully that'll last you awhile :).

Edited by demigod

Damm, I thought I saw only 1 GB. Sorry.  And you can mix the RAM modules however, you will notice a slight preformence decrease.

612151[/snapback]

thats not really what i'm looking for :P

Edited by HogDog

Photoshop uses alot of RAM

612109[/snapback]

:withstupid:

over 100 layers is A LOT and will tax most systems. You do know you can merge layers individually right (ctrl-E)? Not just all at once. If you need more than 100 layers available to you at any one time, then IMO, you're doing something wrong. Merge layers when you know they're "good"...if you merge them correctly, it'll maintain all blending options, transparency, etc etc.

And what animation has over 400 frames? If you have that many, you shouldn't be using ImageReady, you should be using something like Flash MX. Only time I see that many frames is when I import a movie, and yes, I got significant slowdown because of it. (word of advice: don't try to import a 700mb divx movie into imageready. lol)

Guest Raven65

Cool , I just got photoshop. Been a Jasc user for a long time, found out that corel bought them so instead of upgrading to 10 i just sprung the bucks for photoshop. That's a good thing to know.