Wrong Bios

Alright well I've pretty much narrowed it down to me buying another motherboard, which Ive accepted, only costs about $75 on newegg.com. But I wanted to know if there was a way to erase the new bios and revert back to the old BIOS. But heres the fun part, as soon as I boot up, I heard a long beep every 2 or 3 seconds plus the black screen(doesn't dissappear ever), thats the CPU problem but I installed a socket 754 BIOS with my 939 version of the board. I can't even boot from floopy, I've tried resetting CMOS, and taking about the battery for about any hour. Last detail is that its a Biostar board. 6100-M9, but I had downlong the Tforce BIOS for the 6100 for the 754 version. Mind you that I looked it up and I could flash with the Tforce 939 version on my board and it worked. But i had gottem the wrong version of that, so I needed th newest and then I download the wrong BIOS. So gentlemen and ladies, who has any ideas? Am I pretty much .ed or is there a cheaper solution with out having to hot swap the BIOS chip?

It's easier to buy a new motherboard, if you have the money, then to deal with BIOS replacement chips or EEPROM reprogramming.

And hopefully other people out there see this and learn...I'm sure you've learnt your lesson to read carefully :)

Guest Raven65

Have you called their tech support? That might be a good start. Most board makers put some kind of failsafe in for these problems. But then again it's a biostar. Hopefully if you do buy a new board you get the msi neo4 f and not another biostar. It's only 75.00 on newegg.

What would i aske teck support, ya uhhh. I .ed up, mind giving me another board? Idk if that would fly. I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna get a better board, and read a lot more when I do update. BTW that MSi board isn't mATX, this is gonna into a X-Qpack.

I'm looking into RMA right now, but it won't be easy like newegg easy. I saved like 20 bucks going through mwave, so I don't know how well they treat ya. I'm reading the RMA tricks and tips right now. I love the biostar board a lot, so I don't really want a refund or a different mobo. I made a bonehead mistake that I'm sure everyone has learn one way or another. Thanks a bunch bigred and I think I'll go with that reason. BTW nice new advitar or not, I've been gone a while.

don't waste your time RMA'ing it to who you bought it from :( that is the silliest mistake I can imagine. just go to biostar's website, go to support, and CALL them tomorrow. 15 minutes and you'll be set.

1. Contact Your Supplier

All authorized Biostar distributors and resellers should honor and offer a 1-year warranty on new Biostar products. Please return your defective product to your supplier for warranty exchange. If the product is out of warranty or if your supplier cannot, or will not help you, please proceed to step two.

www.biostar-usa.com/servicemain.asp guess i'd be breaking rule on bigred