I Want To Get A Gun

asus

The easiest rifle I've ever shot was an old M1 carbine. It's perfect for target shooting. They take .30C ammo so you can practically pick up the bullets for a dime a dozen. I don't know if I'd necessarily recommend this rifle for hunting animals because its effective range is under 300 yards, but this little baby is more than perfect for playing around and home protection

zbrane_44_1.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Raven65

A nice kar98 mauser is great for shooting. Plus it's an antique. Wait, I collect ww2 rifles.

We went to the range the other day and my son is still black and blue. I bought him the 98 and he loves it.

A nice kar98 mauser is great for shooting. Plus it's an antique. Wait, I collect ww2 rifles.

609197[/snapback]

I collect antique rifles too :D

And talking about the M1 carbines reminded me, I don't know if yall remember me telling yout his a year ago, but I finally got my carbine fixed :) .

Guest Raven65
I collect antique rifles too :D

And talking about the M1 carbines reminded me, I don't know if yall remember me telling yout his a year ago, but I finally got my carbine fixed :) .

609200[/snapback]

I've been trying to get my hands on one of those. I want an original. Hard to find one in really good shape. 1200 to 1500 if a small fortune. Soon though.

in truth I'd also suggest a millitary surplus gun like the M1 carbine. parts and add ons for them are so common and cheap.

I'd also suggest a gun shop over gander mountain. price and selection will be better. along with a more expert sales person (who knows what dept the guy at gander mountain was working prior to be being promoted to guns).

I used to use a semi auto version of the M4 for deer hunting, but anything over 300 yards was tough. now I've moved up to a 7.62mm round and range has gone up to roughly 400 yards. now some people say that there's skill at shooting a dear inside 500 yards... you ask them how hard it is to get close enough.

Shotguns are not for deers unless you use slugs but then you have to be pretty close to do that.

If you want to use it to practice shooting and for hunting get a rifle that is your best bet.

There is alot of different types and sizes I suggest going to a gun store and checking them out to get an idea what you are looking for.

609050[/snapback]

not true if you have a riffled barrel, what i recommend is going to dicks or if you have one bass pro shop and buying a mossberg 500, and its riffled barrel. (if it is deer you want to hunt make sure you look at your local gaming regulations to see if riffled barrels are legal) they are in most states. then for your ammo i will suggest Hornady 12 GA SST SHOTGUN SLUG. there the fastest in the field right now(basically a rifle). and put a nice 7x sight on it and you have a shotgun/riffle

SST stats

Velocity (fps) / Energy (ft-lbs)

Muzzle 50 yd 100 yd 150 yd 200 yd

2000/2644 1816/2196 1641/1793 1482/1463 1341/1198

Trajectory (inches)

Muzzle 50 yd 100 yd 150 yd 200 yd

-0.9 2.4 2.7 0 -6.7

Edited by Folding_Buddha