Lbbwe Stepping?

It would help if you posted the whole stepping.

Here is a little info on the chip, but this guy did not post any screenies to prove anything.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...highlight=LBBWE

KB you have been here so long, and you do not know that the second part of the stepping is more important the the first part.

Steppings do play a role somewhat in overall oc speeds, but it isn't always definitive of how far you will get. Stop wasting time and just go for whatever you can get. :P

596123[/snapback]

yeah, the only answer to that question will come with time..

what is stepping ?

lol sorry just never heard of this before so i figured might be worthwile to know about

596080[/snapback]

ok, im not entirely sure if im correct here, but since no one else has answered this question, i guess i will attempt.

stepping is basically the revision of the chip. say you make a processor and you release it and someone comes up with an improvement for it, something small. you would then release it under the same name as the other chip, just change the stepping. of course even though its a very similiar chip, it will behave differently, though prolly only noticably different in overclocking. i would think it would have roughly the same performance. now if i remember what i was told right, there was a point when xp1700's were kinda short, so they released some higher processor underclocked under a new stepping as an xp1700. these were supposed to be massively overclockable. as if that comes as a surprise.

anyways, occ gurus, correct me where i went wrong. but i think i got most of it right.