I Had No Idea

bigred

Holy crap I feel sorry for folks who buy vehicles outside of the the shadows of the Big 3's homes...

recently bought 8 2005 dodge power wagons ($23K each) for the park in georgia from a dealership in detroit. today I went down to the local dealership near the park in georgia (of course it's a GM / Chrysler / Ford / Toyota dealership (we only see this on used car lots in detroit... very weird :blink: ). anyhow they quoted me for 4 additional 2500 HD rams (they have not even recieved thier 2004 or 2005 model for the show room :unsure: ). these trucks don't have the offroad tuned suspension, winch, and a few other things... $38k each!!!!! Turned around and called my salesmen in detroit (bought 15 trucks from him the last year, so he's very helpful to anything I ask for). He looked up the exact same trucks they quoted me, and came out @ $18.5k each for them. then he checks out the new 06 power wagons (no more 05's :( ). $22k with the new 6.1L hemi.... hmmm. it's cheaper to have them put on a flat bed rail car and SHIPPED from detroit than to actually buy them down here.

in addition to those 4 work trucks, I also have to get a "family" vehicle for down here, my wife brought up a good point, we have broncos or 3/4 ton pickups down here, neither one of which is a good thing for anything family oriented especially with 2 little ones, and a third on the way. she argued tht we have 2 full size suv's in detroit, plus the excursion in colorado... so now it's up to see if she wants another commander down here or another durango (crossing my fingers for the dodge over the jeep).

THIS PROJECT IS BECOMING THE WORLDS LARGEST HEADACHE!!!!!!!!

Edited by bigred

Wow, next time I'm buying a vehicle I'm callin' you... :lol:

590825[/snapback]

dealer cost - executive discount - loyalty discount = big savings. but even then, it shouldn't amount to THAT much of a difference :(