Sunbuam Nuuo 550w Modular Psu

http://www.xoxide.com/sunbeam-nuuo-550w-psu-silver.html

SLI certified, amazingly low price, and a better approach to cable management then the X-Connects :). However, I'm not good on rails and stuff, does it look like it'd be a good buy?

http://www.xoxide.com/sunbeam-nuuo-550w-psu-silver.html

SLI certified, amazingly low price, and a better approach to cable management then the X-Connects :). However, I'm not good on rails and stuff, does it look like it'd be a good buy?

589108[/snapback]

It looks decent, but it would be best to find som1 who has opened one up to see who makes it.

Its often hard to judge how a psu will perform even when they look good on paper. Likev may know who really makes them and if they are a good buy.

looks like a good PSU for the price, the bang:buck ratio is awesome, I actually don't know much about PSUs, but I looked into it a little. Some other online stores/forums say great things about Sunbeam, but I have never seen that PSU before.

I would maybe go with a known brand until someone who knows what its like shows up.

maybe this enermax? http://www.xoxide.com/enermax-whisper-eg56...0-535w-psu.html

Edited by kingdingeling

Looks like it would be great but its a sunbeam........ That name really hurts it.

So you could be the test subject and let us know how it is.

Sunbeam has been great for quality in the past afaik...

589256[/snapback]

Well, When I see a name, I scroll through my memory, and I realize that when i see sunbeam, that there has never been A topic on this forum or any other one I visit where sunbeam was reccomended, to me that Says something about their Quality.

But, Why not just go forton?

You mean Fortron?

I'm just looking around and comparing stuff, and the bezel thing is flashy.

589268[/snapback]

Ya Im not really good with spelling if you haven't noticed.

Looks like it's cheap as hell to me. Remember that the 550 watt rating is at 25 C and is only a temporary peak value it can put out. Increase the temps to around 40ish where most psus run at, then make it continuous, and you are stuck with a psu that makes a hell of a lot less power than 550 watts.

I've had a lot of Sunbeam products fail on me (though I've never owned one of their psus). I'd stay away from it. It's worth a few extra bucks to go with a good brand.

"But, Why not just go forton?"

Ste: Didn't you say in another of Kb's topics that Fortron was bad? If you're going to say that a product is not good, be consistant.

Kb: The power supply looks good and all, but I'd rather go with the fortron. By the way, glad to see you're posting again :-)

Looks like it would be great but its a sunbeam........ That name really hurts it.

Why do you make claims that you CANNOT backup? If you don't know the answer 110% sure then don't bother adding additional misinformation. This applies to you on other threads as well on these forums; like when BigRed totally humiliated you here. If you don't know the answer for sure, shut up and let someone else that knows the answer step foward to give the correct information.

For those of you who are curious about the PSU, here is one of the few credible PSU reviews on the web (testing methodology, test equipment, etc.). The UL file number of E239028 leads to Andyson International, probably some company part of a larger OEM based in China where the PSU's are made. The sunbeam PSU get a thumbs of from this PSU guru. :)