"holiday" Sale

Guest Flashstar

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's just America trying to be sensitive to everyone...if they call it "Christmas" anything somebody'll get offended and then they wont buy something and yeah whatever...

As for calling it "Winter break" up until a few years back the school Calendar still said "Christmas Break" then that changed.

What annoy's me is when I used to work at CompUSA, I was told to say Happy Holidays. Well, screw that, I just said Merry Christmas and I got so many customers responses like, "Wow, finally someone who auctually says Chrsitmas" or "Thats something you don't hear much anymore". I never got a "How dare you say that to me, where's your manager".

The only true minority is the White Male. Everyone else fits into a race, color, gender or religion. White Men get the shaft in everything. :P

If I had my way all the holidays would just be named after the seasons... but that'll only make religous people moan.

586335[/snapback]

:withstupid: I'm all over that one, then u would'nt have to worry about sayin Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays :D

Edited by Mr.Who?

We could debate the point of his supposed birthday, but I can't be bothered. It's late :P

586316[/snapback]

Most people think his birthday was actually sometime in January or February (I think January 16). It was changed to December 25 in the medieval times to compete with a winter solstice celebration where everyone would go out into the streets, get drunk, and do stupid stuff. The catholic church moved Christmas to December 25 to try and pull people away from that drunken lout holiday and concentrate on more...humble, holy things.

Well, the reason it is a holiday tree I guess is because I know people who don't put it up for Christmas, but for New Years. It's just kinda because it is winter, and THAT is why get a break, it's winter break, not christmas break. You were just always taught that because most people are christian here, but now they are simply correcting themselves.