Problems Booting

JeepGC96ZJ

9pm I did a defrag of my hard drive. It finished and then around 10pm I went to bed after watching som TV on my PC.

I ran into a problem last night. Around 3am in the morning my PC was possesed! Turn off turn on , turn off turn on all by itself. It didnt stop either. I unpluged the PC and sit for like 30 seconds then turned it back on . I was able to get into the BIOS this time. Put everything back to normal settings/Default settings, and it powered off on me. It turned itself back on, then off again and back on again, etc. So I try again unplug it for 30 sec. then plug it back in and turn it on. I check my temps and everything in the BIOS.

VCore Voltage 1.55

3.3V Voltage 3.32

+5V Voltage 5.13

+12V Voltage 12.09

MB Temp 32c

CPU Temp 41.5c

Everything seems to be fine. I did overclock my PC last night from 133MHZ FSB to 145MHZ FSB making my 2.53 processor run at 2.7. This is the only thing that I did. It ran fine all evening and even did Sandra Burn in. Processor didnt go over 45c during the burn in.

Now I cant even get it to boot to the OS which is XP. I boot it up and it speaks to me saying (System Completed POST) then goes to the Asus P4PE splash screen. If I do not hit del to go into BIOS it hangs. It recognoizes the HardDrives in BIOS.

I thought It might be a power issue so I unpluged my CD Roms to see if maybe the PC was not getting enough juice. No luck. I am not sure waht to do next but try another processor.

Can any one shead some light on the subject? I stumped.

Jeep

go back to your 2.53GHz and try if its working

and if you have your motherboard book take a look at the end they tell you what (System Completed POST) mean <_<

I did reset it back to normal everything is back to default settings. I know what the POSt is and the PC is Completeing it. No errors are found. But then it starts to shut down a reboot on me. Or it hangs trying to get to the OS.

Could the BIOS have a virus? Maybe reflashing it would help? Maybe HD is bad and have to start all over again. It is weird how the PC will start then shut down the start up then shut down. I think while it was doing that it may have damaged my HD.

Hmmmm, this is just all to odd. Mayeb I will go and return the Mobo and get another one of the same kind. I love the Mobo but maybe I got a lemon.

Jeep

did you miss around with the cabe inside of the box because if there is an electrical conflict this could happen too, i dont think your bios got a virus, but it would be help full to flash it (just to make sure)

I think half or a bit more than half of the fun of tweaking is beating my head against the wall...(it feels good when I stop! :D

I say it is a wiring thingie. Mabye you touched two wires together when you took the case off, or when u pu it back on. Before you do that stuff, I sugest taking the cover of again and disconecting the front then reconecting it. u never know, mabye that will help.

:ph34r: AH! THEY are coming!!! Be Ready! :ph34r:

Well I flashed the BIOS to the new BETA 1003 version for the P4PE. Seems to be running fine. All stting back to normal. I will keep it on for a few days and see if it gives me any problems.

I unpluged everything and pluged it back in. I Really dont know what the issue was. Weird! Maybe I will get better memory soon. Maybe some DDR 3500 then try and over clock. Maybe a new processor? who knows?

well tahnks for the help. Again as always you guys offer help. Glad everyone here is cool like that.

Jeep