Cd Drive Conundrum

oldfett

On two of my computers I am having troubles with my CD writer drives. Ever since I put XP Pro on both they both wont work. when you put in a blank cd it just keeps poping out saying it is unreadable. Both of these drives worked on XP home. I have also tried multiple different kinds of cd-r's and such that are supposed to work on these drives but nothing works. When you put in a game or something into these drives however they both read fine on each computer. Both are ide and one is tdk 24/10/40b and the other is a brand new sony burner I am not sure of the exact name as my brother uses it and it is gone at the moment. Is there something I have to turn on in Pro I dont know about or what? I have searched google and such but im not sure what the problem is so I dont know. thanks for all the help!

I tried that for the tdk and nothing. The sony burner is brand new so I figured that it wouldnt need it. It also said compliant with xp so I am completely stumped. If you push the CD in enough times it will finally read it and work but other than that, nada. I am so confused!

This is happening on 2 computers. They both read normal cd's like games and music just fine. The dvd drives in both also work just fine. On older OS's the cd burners work perfectly, but when Pro is installed you have to push in the cd for half an hour before it actually reads. Its as if XP Pro is hindering the drives, one is brand new where as the other tdk is a few years old but with updated software and drivers.