F.e.a.r Related Question

Railven

So I know my rig can run FEAR and it is old but it isn't that old...I should update my sig, anyways.

Same stuff in current sig but aside that I got a new video card, I am currently running an ATi All-In-Wonder Radeon X800 XT.

So I picked up FEAR, and Quake 4 and both are good games, and I run the ingame benchmark I get all green flags.

I've been playing the game and I notice random dips in the framerate. I've tried multiple options and it happens, even on options that aren't very stressful for the CPU or GPU.

So basically, any other users of this game experiencing that? I haven't turned on an FPS meter, but it is obvious when it takes a second for the next frame to load in.

If anyone is getting a smooth, and I mean completely smooth, FEAR experience let me know your hardware and game settings.

Since I'm using an older CRT I dropped my res down to 1024*768 with all options on MAX and AAF-OFF and AA-4x.

Thanks again.

~Railven

try AA-2x, and i think you can push your cpu higher. and i noticed it sometimes on my rig, check specs but thats with af-16x aa-4x and 1024x768 res. btw, you are LUCKY you got Q4 and F.e.a.r, sigh i want them badly, blasted demos...

I have tried it with 2AA. I've even tried it with no AA and other options on medium. I can't figure it out.

I ran the ingame bench and with my Maximum settings with AA-4x I got a 20% FPS 25-40 and 80% more then 40. Weird.

Thanks for the advice though...I'll see if I can find some other info.

~Railven

I finally managed to get it to run smooth on my rig...Took a bit of tweaking though...I was running with everything pretty much at medium with 4xaa & 4xaf...and was running fine, everything maxed out was quite choppy in places...So i upped my fsb to around 230 or so and tightened my timings, then set the AA to 2 and maxed everything out and it's as smooth as silk :D