Refurb: Dfi Lanparty Ut Nf3 250gb Atx Amd Mot

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im playing around atm with a infinity nforce4-4x and imo for a 754 its pretty good. i got a A64 2800+ @ 2.3ghz(260*9). for a low budget board and a low budget proc, it runs pretty good. and i think my next board WILL be a dfi one and perhaps a nvidia card too.

Newegg does NOT repair or test "refurbished" parts. You can easily get a totaly dead or highly defective refurb from them. They don't refurbish a dang thing.

568902[/snapback]

Ok are you a TOTAL idiot...the refurb stuff is usually items newegg has returned, they send it to the manufacturer, they "fix" it, they send it back to newegg, newegg sells as refurb.

Bought a x850xt from them refurb, it had a defect that was nearly impossible for them to fix in a repair shop (seemed ot just be a bad core really) yet they took it back no problems, only thing is they were out of stock, so i bought a 7800gt instead of another x850xt (huge difference in performanc there :D).

SO while you may get something with an odd deftect sometimes, most of the time refurbished is great :D aka cheap, I like cheap...

cant risk pushing it more till i get better cooling.

569016[/snapback]

I am assuming that you're using "air" as you current cooling setup. How many fans? I guess I am interested on your process here. What you're doing, Sounds actually kind of fun. Can you post pics? I would like to see what your doing.

And BTW..If Bigred was here I am sure he would clarify up some confusion of how that Refurb. Process actually works.

Edited by Mahtayo ThreeEagles

Ok are you a TOTAL idiot...the refurb stuff is usually items newegg has returned, they send it to the manufacturer, they "fix" it, they send it back to newegg, newegg sells as refurb. 

Bought a x850xt from them refurb, it had a defect that was nearly impossible for them to fix in a repair shop (seemed ot just be a bad core really) yet they took it back no problems, only thing is they were out of stock, so i bought a 7800gt instead of another x850xt (huge difference in performanc there :D). 

SO while you may get something with an odd deftect sometimes, most of the time refurbished is great :D aka cheap, I like cheap...

Well, fact still is, I have gotten several refurbished parts from newegg that had errors so profound, and so obvious, that any form of actual testing would have immediatly revealed them.

I really don't think they do anything but repackage returns and try to sell them again. I think they just play a numbers game and since most returns are for superflurous reasons, they just cut costs by not sending them anywhere, hoping that they still work when they are sold again. Maybe if the same component is returned multiple times, then they send it off to the manufacturer, but otherwise, it think newegg is full of crap. They are a profitable bussiness, they have to be cutting corners somewhere.

It's a big gamble, I've had it pay off on some occasions, and not on others.

I am assuming that you're using "air" as you current cooling setup. How many fans? I guess I am interested on your process here. What you're doing, Sounds actually kind of fun. Can you post pics? I would like to see what your doing.

And BTW..If Bigred was here I am sure he would clarify up some confusion of how that Refurb. Process actually works.

569031[/snapback]

yea, plain case with a fan on the side panel and in the back, and a freezing room. vdimm is running @ 2.8 (2.7 actually, stupid undervolt) vcore is @ 1.52vcore. 260htt with a multi of 9.

Well, fact still is, I have gotten several refurbished parts from newegg that had errors so profound, and so obvious, that any form of actual testing would have immediatly revealed them.

I really don't think they do anything but repackage returns and try to sell them again. I think they just play a numbers game and since most returns are for superflurous reasons, they just cut costs by not sending them anywhere, hoping that they still work when they are sold again. Maybe if the same component is returned multiple times, then they send it off to the manufacturer, but otherwise, it think newegg is full of crap. They are a profitable bussiness, they have to be cutting corners somewhere.

It's a big gamble, I've had it pay off on some occasions, and not on others.

569055[/snapback]

One of the reasons I hate Newegg's shipping department with a passion. I'm shopping at ZipZoomFly for now on.

not again :( refurbs are not always a bad thing. there are several things that happen to make a board a "refurb"

1: you have a lot of people that buy a board to "test" if thier current board is bad... well since they're usually incapable of true trouble shooting, they find it's not the board. put it back in the box and send it back. there's nothing wrong butr the seal is broken... aka no longer brand new

2: board is bad. goes back to newegg, who is LAZY and does not test (thus wasting time and money in the process)... they simply send it back to the MFGR who then tests it. at which point they will either send it back to newegg, or if it is bad they repair (bios . up is common for this) or flat out replace the board... vendor gets it back and sells it refurb (due to S/N not matching box normally).

3: people buy the board and it's not up to their exact expectations. return it.

95% of returns have nothing to do with a bad product, just a bad user

as far as DFI's products... flat out warning: IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT DOES, RTFM OR DON'T TOUCH IT. taking that into account you'll be safe. but that warning should be stamped on the landparty and infinity series boards. the general purpose boards lack many of those features, however they're rock solid boards at excelent prices.

yea, plain case with a fan on the side panel and in the back, and a freezing room. vdimm is running @ 2.8 (2.7 actually, stupid undervolt) vcore is @ 1.52vcore. 260htt with a multi of 9.

569066[/snapback]

NIce...sounds like a fun project. It is the plain & simple ones that make it fun. I live in the part of this country that is naturally cold so my temps are what some people think are "Abnormal" to some.

**Ahhh...from the words of Bigred. Thanks dude. (sincerely spoken)

Edited by Mahtayo ThreeEagles