Grrr Evil Grub

nan0click

I installed Fedora Core 4 on a spare 20GB maxtor quantom fireball hard drive. I put a 5gig partition at the end of the drive and named it MiddleMan (FAT32) to put files that both OS's can see. I then went and installed Fedora, but GRUB never initializes, I can't figure out what's wrong and any help would be appriciated, I tried booting off of both drives, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

nan0click

PS if anyone who uses Linux regularly and is knowledgable about it and uses AOL or MSN a lot, if you dont mind being constantly bombarded with n00b questions, can you please send me your SN? TY

mine is nan0click for aim

and nan0click at dgsolution dot net for MSN

Edited by nan0click

word of advice.. when you put down your email i would do

nan0click at dgsolutions dot net

because bots will take your email and stick it in a database for you to get spam..

anyway.. i would reinstall fedora core 4.. i was having problems with fc4 myself.. it seams buggy to me

What kind of problems are you having with MSN? I don't use AOL, but I do use MSN and Skype, if you need help with them e-mail me your questions, jiminorris (at) gmail [dot] com - as my contact list is full :ph34r:

Boot up from the Fedora Core 4 first CD of the install. Go into the recovery console. It should be able to boot your Fedora install or at least let you mount the drive to look for problems. If Fedora has succesfully installed then please post where you installed GRUB to.