Totally Fubar'd

Ronin

I dont know what the heck is wrong now. This morning I sat down at my comptuer and it was frozen, so I hit the restart button, looks okay, gets to the windows loading screen and freezes, so, I reboot, try safemode, gets to mup.sys and freeezes again. So I want to do revoery console, so I pop in the xp cd and it gets to where it says "setup is starting windows" and then it freezes again.

so I clocked my cpu back to where it was and tried everything again. same result.

right now my bet is on the RAM....

System:

AMD xp 2000+

GA-7VA

256 DDR kingston pc 2100

Geforce 4 mx 420

TX-100 or somthing nic

genereic sound card

usb 2.0

and windows xp pro

anyone got any ideas?

okay, so what the heck!

I tested my RAM, worked okay. So then I went back and I could get into safe mode. I poked around and coulndt find any reason why my computer wouldnt be able to boot normally. Im desprate, anyone have any ideas?

Try unplugging your PSU (after you shutdown obviously) for about 15 minutes. Plug it back in and try booting it up, that work on mine sometimes when it doesn't decide to boot. Sounds weird but it works for me. It forces the BIOS saved in the battery to reset or something like that. Mine tried reading BIOS settings from my ZIP drive once and refused to boot, of course there's nothing in my ZIP drive to read, so I unplugged it, waited a while, plugged it back in then it booted up fine.

I'm starting to think my comp is as retarded as I am. :blink: