Where Do I Stick That Probe?

Psychotic_god

I have a gatewatch, and one of them is supposed to go on "cpu". I was thinking of maybe putting it on my radiator (for those who don't know I have a liquid cooling system). But my question: is it safe to put the probe between the processor and heatsink :blink: ?

Thank you :thumbs-up:

i have the gatewatch... i used to have the thermal probe taped to the underside of my slk... RIGHT next to the cpu's ihs... i'd say a better idea would be to tape it to the mobo right next to the cpu so the tip can touch the side of the ihs...

don't even think about putting it between the heatsink and cpu...

must.....resist.....answering.....topic.....title.....

I wouldn't recommend putting anything between the processor and the heatsink. I'd put it down the top of the heatsink between the fins, touching the bottom. It may be a few degrees off though.

Gah, already beaten to the punchline

I've got a question myself, I have a cheapo $10 temp sensor, and I was wondering where I could put the sensor if I didn't want to remove the heatsink. I used to have it on the bottomside of the heatsink, but this new one gives me problems when I try to remove it. Where would you recommend that I put it (note: my config is in my sig).

Hmmm...I guess that if you can't put it on the side of the processor like the guys mentioned, you have to...hum...like put it as close to the bottom middle of the heatsink, and if that doen't work, then put it anywhere on the heatsink.

Edited by Psychotic_god