Want To Build Cheap Amd Gamer

DWILLWY

lol i dont care about grammer or punctuation ..... i was talking about spelling... i dont care if i put like a bunch of question marks ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ooops I got 40 errors...

Edited by TimeMachine

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL IF U GET SEMPRON U MST BE BUSH LUVER LOLOOLOL!!!1!1!!ONEOEN

I'm actually going to be putting a Sempron in my upgrade as soon as my sister pays me back the $100 she owes me. I'll also be buying an XP-90. Throw a DFI board in the mix and I'll be aiming for 2.8.

My 9700 pro gets the same scores in 3dmark 01 as my 6600gt, though there is a 4500 point difference in '03 (mind you even that reduces a bit at higher resolution benchies) so for a budget rig it still has a load to offer, especially at the prices you see them for s/hand so, as previously mentioned, it would be my first stop for a ghetto gaming rig, another card to look out for is the 9500 pro which can nearly always be clocked to 9700pro levels and even left stock is faster than the later 9600 series cards.

He didnt say WHAT college :lol:

As for a basic start and this is cheap yet still HIGHLY useful

~$65 2600+ skt 754 Sempron (you can expect ATLEAST 2.2ghz from the chip (1.6 stock) and 2.4+ easy on a slight voltage bump and stock cooling (friend has one, 2.4 no issues with the Epox board that i cant remember's model number below)

512mb (single stick) of decent PC 3200 (add another later as $$$ permits)

~$65 or so will get you a model of an Epox board that i cant remember :lol: but ti hits 300 HTT (which is HIGHLY useful with a 2600+'s low 8x multiplier)

if you can find a good used 9700pro/9800pro id go for it (same friend i keep mentioning got a 9700pro w/Ati Silencer for $80 i think it was) if you can swing the money a 6600GT wouldnt be out of the question at around $150

Case is up to you but keep in mind the PSUs that come with cases under the $150 price range are crap.

Edited by DWILLWY

I think it was this board he got:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813123225

but you might wanna look into this one, "free" case with it (they seems to have upped the price a few $)....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813123219

EDIT: oh my what a ripoff for that tigerdirect "deal" the 5200 cant even play BF2 (well if you have one hell of a kickass CPU it kinda somewhat can at ultra low settings) and well the board wont be good for getting anything out of the sempron, chances of it hitting the high HTT you'll need are unlikely at best.

Edited by cchalogamer