Looking "new" "car"

nan0click

All american hondas are made in ohio save for the s2000 which is still assembled by hand in Japan.  The ford F150 and several of the chevy lines are made, or parts are made in either mexico, china, or canada.  So support your american economy and buy an american honda.  The majority of early '90s hondas were made in the U.S.  you can tell by the VIN number.  Those that start with "J" were made in japan, and those that start with "H" were made in Ohio.

542285[/snapback]

well, the parts are assembled in america but its something like 3% of the parts on a honda since the early 90's were actually made in japan..... all that profit still goes back to japan...

is it just me or does that top-center one remind you of a late-80's monte carlo?

As for what car to get... be like all the other cool young kids in this country and get a honda for $500.  Then spend $2000 on plastic add-ons and a spoiler... after all, you want to take full advantage of your 4 cylinder engine  :rolleyes:

547112[/snapback]

all those people spend money on their honda's because they get them and realize..."hey this thing is slow as $h@t and cant pull a hill worth a $h@t either".....just add a few people in the vehicle and u got one slowass car......

i drive a 1998 chevy silverado and i have yet to be beaten by a stock honda civic, neon, or focus to date...i have beat a few suped up ones and only lose to the ones with massive amounts of money into them....my truck gets 17/25 which in my opinion is good with a truck and a 305 5.0L V8

not to mention the fact that inexperienced drivers dont need to be driving a small toaster looking thing anyways....one wreck and say hello to tons of medical bills and you need a whole new car....while in bigger cars, you got a better chance of not coming out a vegetable and you might be able to drive ur car back home....

some woman hit my truck while it was parked and the ball for the trailer hitch went through her bumper and set her airbag off, she was in some type of mitsubishi and it didnt even put a scratch on my truck ahahah, so i wouldnt recommend an import to anyone, not even if gas is an issue.

Edited by sYstEmATiC

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All american hondas are made in ohio save for the s2000 which is still assembled by hand in Japan.  The ford F150 and several of the chevy lines are made, or parts are made in either mexico, china, or canada.  So support your american economy and buy an american honda.  The majority of early '90s hondas were made in the U.S.  you can tell by the VIN number.  Those that start with "J" were made in japan, and those that start with "H" were made in Ohio.

542285[/snapback]

Here in Missouri there is a ford plant for F-150 and the Ford Escape. Also there is Chrysler 1 they make Trucks and vans at that plant.

well, the parts are assembled in america but its something like 3% of the parts on a honda since the early 90's were actually made in japan..... all that profit still goes back to japan...

all those people spend money on their honda's because they get them and realize..."hey this thing is slow as $h@t and cant pull a hill worth a $h@t either".....just add a few people in the vehicle and u got one slowass car......

i drive a 1998 chevy silverado and i have yet to be beaten by a stock honda civic, neon, or focus to date...i have beat a few suped up ones and only lose to the ones with massive amounts of money into them....my truck gets 17/25 which in my opinion is good with a truck and a 305 5.0L V8

not to mention the fact that inexperienced drivers dont need to be driving a small toaster looking thing anyways....one wreck and say hello to tons of medical bills and you need a whole new car....while in bigger cars, you got a better chance of not coming out a vegetable and you might be able to drive ur car back home....

some woman hit my truck while it was parked and the ball for the trailer hitch went through her bumper and set her airbag off, she was in some type of mitsubishi and it didnt even put a scratch on my truck ahahah, so i wouldnt recommend an import to anyone, not even if gas is an issue.

547135[/snapback]

well said. I have a 351 5.8L and I've never been beaten by one of those...things... either. I don't go out looking for a drag race with them, but the two or three times I just said "to hell with it," they both turned out in my favor.

547135[/snapback]

'94 Silverado w/5.7L 350 and the louder the import, the easier it is to outrun :lol: (of course that goes for the domestics too.

I also have a '96 Cavilier, it outruns almost all of the little cruiser "im cool" ppl here localy, too bad im going to have to do something about that muffler...(hole in it after a little "accident" through a 12ft deep ditch)..it's startign to sound like one of thoes little POS cars. I dont like my car to sound like it's farting for propulsion....

For the money i have in it, the cavilier is a dang good car. It has decent power (2.2L) over 30mpg, and you actually have a little room to move (2 door model here)

now if i get one of these and 4 of these I can be cool like this guy

Trucks are very powerful but i personally dont like them to race... for show it is pretty cool with all the 24' but still no match for  racing.

547189[/snapback]

very true. Truck tranny's are heavy duty (unless it's a mid 90's Dodge) and geared for low-end torque for towing heavy stuff. For instance, get a chevy truck with a 350 block, strap a big trailer on the back, hit the gas hard, and it'll jump to a roll but the truck will make it. Now, get a mid 90's model Impala with a 350 block, put a heavy trailer on the back and hit the gas... what happens? The car moves forward while the drive train snaps off and stays in the same spot it was to start with. 1st gear (and sometimes 2nd) in most trucks is more toward towing things, so it has a slower start. If you line a truck up against a ricer to race, the key is to get out of 1st ASAP, and once the truck hits 2nd it's usually a breeze.

My first car was a 1992 Ford Taurus. This car has lasted me 2 years and is still driving. I payed $1400 for it. With 140k miles on it. I have abused the hell out of this car and still it drives. Im not a big FORD guy. More Chevy/GM, but for a first car this thing served its purpose.