Looking "new" "car"

nan0click

I have about $1500 to spend on a new car. After I was browsing the iternet, I don't know if i can find one for that cheap. i need suggestions as to wehre to look. I'm 15 and will be 16 in October so I need to start looking now... I know close to nothing about cars, so I dont konw what I'm looking for or what's reliable or not. What should I look for?

hope it has air conditioning (tx heat)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything with a GM 3800 (front wheel drive) and less than 150k miles will be a good start. Tough reliable engine. Decent mileage. Will go 200K plus if ya take care of it.

Bonnevilles are sportier. Olds ride better. Buicks well, their buicks.

I've owned 5 cars with these 3800 engines and they never quit. One had 250K on it before I overdrove it and got a rod knock.

finding a decent non rust bucket 240sx is near impossible sence the import craze and even more so sence the drifting craze...far too many have grabbed em up and thrown in sr20det's or whatever jspec engine they could grab their hands on...and if you really want gas mileage, you need to find a ford festiva, 44mpg? anyone? also i hade a 3.8L v6 in my camero....man did it hold up....i can't believe that it was still running when i had to take it in and trade it for a minivan...but i went in with a chevy and came out with a ford...like bigred says, i'd rather push a ford then drive a chevy. lol anywho, i second the autotrader...lots of cheap cars on there...and buy domestic...i'd grab me a focus, cavalier, or a neon...in that order of prefference

you can try going to car auctions, my brother went to a car auction and came back with a beemer, 3k$. it was 1997 model. i bet you can get a mustang, maybe a honda. you should get a honda there reliable, good on gas. and fast enough.

I would suggest finding a decent used Honda. I've driven a Honda since I turned 16 and can attest to thier reliability. My current car is a 1994 Accord wiht 170,000 miles on it, I've never had any problems with it. My wife used to drive an '88 civic until she sold it at 300,000 miles (I just got her a '05 Civic EX SE). They buyer owns a Honda specific repair shop and still uses that car for transportation. Hondas do have a higher resale vlue than most other cars so for around $1500 I would suggest looking for an early '90s civic or accord. They are good for gas mileage and last forever.