Us Rescue Effort A Shambles

Varry

US rescue effort a shambles

You might find this interesting, its an account of how the US police acted dispicably during hte rescue operation, in one case police asked several girls to lift up their tops, when they refused the police simply drove off.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol so I take it you live in UK? Very well. Correction on the headline though; US Rescue Effort WAS a Shambles. I guess the liberal UK media might not have gotten there yet...but the rescue/relief effort now is going VERY fast and very smooth, thanks to the US Army generals in charge of the operation.

As far as the negative police stories, though I believe they are somewhat exagerated...I honestly don't discount all of them... New Orleans has always been a corrupt, liberal city on all levels, be it the bureacracy, the police department, the mayor's office, whatever. New Orleans was a very dirty, liberal, corrupt city. Perhaps the new New Orleans will be a little better off. <_<

Also, we can't take the firsthand acounts of these people and put a blanket statement over the entire situation...its a dang big city. Look on some online videos at some of the people who are happy with the authorities. Granted the relief got off toa slow start..but that is a moot point. The main thing is I believe there are more people happy with the authorities now than there are people who are dissapointed with them. There is always both a good and a bad side to any news, it is just a matter of taste as to which perspective you decide to look at it from.

Here are some links for some more up-to-date, optimistic news:

www.foxnews.com

hey, but then the corrupt people will move else where. why not let the corrupted gather back @ NO so there will be less in the other areas :lol:

540204[/snapback]

:lol: Let's look at it from a chemistry perspective, diffuse the corrupt people out across a nation of uncorrupted people, and before you know it there is only a trace amount of corruptness in the cities :lol: ...the corruptness diaspora.

Look...all the UK Police officers kill people when travelling

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/4215274.stm

and London looks like a lawless society of thugs:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4215614.stm

and murderers:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/4215894.stm

cuz I beleive everything I read

;)

stop assuming for a change. And stop talking like YOU ARE there at the moment..... (nah, feels beter) I'm not from the UK, I'm Belgian; probably, in your opinion, another .... grrr.... L......llll...Liberal! country (ok, i dare drop the word!)

As far as the negative police stories, though I believe they are somewhat exagerated

On what do you base your belief that those reports are exagerated? .... yet again i don't believe you are there now... (or in the past 7 days for that matter).

Note that i didn't post any of my opinions in my first post, i just dropped a link, and narated something out of that article. Yet, just those few lines are enough for you to assume a whole lot.

as for

the liberal UK media
, let's call it: the liberal-not-owned-by-massive-oil/media/financialholding/communication/corporation-excercising-free-journalistic-WITHOUT-censor UK media, this'll maybe more accurate.

DOn't think i'm mad at you or anything for that matter, it's just i've reading some of your post, and you almost only post in political topics (if you don't post in them, you start the threads yourself) and you always have to push your opinion (backed up with the needing quotes/links/articles; you do your homework). But take note;

Edited by Varry

I wonder if there are any Belgian overclocking forums where anti-Belgian Americans only show up to criticize and ridicule Belgians and the Belgian goverment.

540239[/snapback]

Nothing about the Belgian government is criticisable..... Joking.

I don't "ONLY" show up here to criticize americans; it's just the way loarmistead's way of posting got on my nerves.

Now a word from the US media: http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/04/times.pic...rial/index.html

Edited by Varry

I dont understand why you people trust what the news says. They are all BIAS!!! Keep in mind they are only going to focus on the negative points becuase negativity sells. Stop watching the news, your wasting your time. Oh, and stop bickering at each other lol. Newayz, I do believe the relieve effort got off to a slow start but lets keep in mind, nobody expected it to be this bad, so they were basically cought with their pants down. All of a sudden, they had to do something... but it takes time to mobilize all that man power. It isnt like they could just push a button and have all the man power appear in the city. Yes, it took a few days, heaven forbid... I do sympathize for the people, and im sure if i was in the same position, i would be saying the same thing but i think the government is doing a very good job. :)