Going A64

Hyper Threaded

Guys, I am terribly conscious of just how bad my PSU is, but it's all I have at the moment. I've talked to a couple of other people who say it should do fine with my videocard and single hard drive.

I know it's far from ideal, but it will be fine if I'm careful until I get a new PSU.

By the way, what I mean by the mobo light going off, is that one time I didn't have everything setup properly, so when I tried to turn it on the PSU trips and the light goes off. The PSU is not shorting out when the computer shuts off, so it's not what causes that. All I meant by that, nothing else to it.

Anyway, as soon as I can, I will be getting a neopower, tagan 480w or enermax 535w. I'll just baby it for a few months.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a chance you take. You could wait untill you have the cash for a new one and thats problay when you could be 100% sure your computer won't break (unless somthing is defective or put in wrong). I think it will work with the old one when you first plug it in but for how long is the question???

Ok, you seriously need to think about this.

You KNOW that your PSU sucks. But yet, you're taking advice from random people who we don't even know about, instead of advice from people who have witnessed this stuff tons of times before? Seriously, you'll look like an idiot when you fry all your hardware because your PSU couldn't take all the load.

what's wrong with his psu ?? I got the same one , and it WORKS perfectly.

It can handle :

Winnie 3200+ .90

Neo2P

6800 GT

5 HDD'S

3 DVD's Burner

( want me to post some pictures :P )

Is that enough for u guys ?

Edited by New_ButNot

what's wrong with his psu ?? I got the same one , and it WORKS perfectly.

It can handle :

Winnie 3200+ .90

Neo2P

6800 GT

5 HDD'S

3 DVD's Burner

Is that enough for u guys ?

540320[/snapback]

You might want to watch for flying stones with a post like that. :ph34r:

:D I have this psu for 8 months now !!

BTW , check my PC gallery. Loot at the Jungle Terms one !! That's my main computer back then.

Still using the same psu, but I've upgraded to A64 3200, Neo2P + MSI 6800 GT !!

I Know, TT butterfly isn't the best PSU out there but It works fine for me.

Hyper , trust me .. your butterfly can handle your new systeme for sure.

Edited by New_ButNot

I've been looking at these two Enermax PSUs

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817103464 or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817103440

The basic one for $53 looks like it suits my needs, but doesn't have a native SATA connector or PCI-E (not bothered about it ATM), the $76 model has SATA and PCI-E, the lot. Since the neo2 doesn't have PCI-E, I'm considering the cheaper one, but it lacks a proper SATA connector, which I don't really need.

Any recommendations on a good PSU for under/around $75 are welcomed, but that's all I can afford.

nooo if your going to waste i mean spend money you might as well do it right . i have the enermax 535w and the antec true power 550w and let me tell you theres a big difference my oc is now stable and in my occt test there arent as many fluctuations with my antec compared to my enermax. and my enermax comes with this neat control thingy and 2 pcie connectors and 2 sets of sata connectors a total of four

go antec you wont regret it

If, and strictly if, I can budget this in, will you all stop banging on about the PSU? I hadn't budgeted a PSU immediately, so this is about all I'm willing to spend.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=270301

540313[/snapback]

I've been with a psu 10 times worst than the one you have and it held for as long as i needed it with my 939 setup when my shower hose ps died. it's just a matter of trust, if you think it'll do fine go with it.

Btw here's a pic of my "OKIA" lolll it dosn't even have a sticker on the side to show watts or anything, i swear i didn't take it off it came in a plastic bag at $29.50 loll :lol:

cheapPS.jpg

Edited by kobalt