Unlocking Review

mxrider623

d3bruts1d is right

There is a difference between how you unlock the two processors. With the T-bird you had to bridge the L1 contacts on your processor. The way that this was done most commonly was with the pencil trick, using the lead to create a connect between the L1 contacts. At one point one of the later Athlons were no longer able to use this method to make the L1 connections because the resistance across the bridge (if the L1s were connected using the pencil trick) was too close to the normal resistance that the processor felt at stock, and which made it not be able to tell that it was unlocked and didn't work. That information you didn't really need to know... irrelavant to how the 2400+ is unlocked

The 2400+ does not have the multiplier settings in the L1 like 2100+ and earlier processors. The 2400+ actually comes with all of its L1 contacts bridged, but it does not mean it is unlocked. In these newer AMD processors the multiple settings for the cpu are now held in the L3. I can't remember off hand what was suppose to be done exactly but i do recall having to do something with the #5 contact on the L3. If i happen to find the site where i read this i'll post the link. There may be someone on these forums that knows what to do exactly. just check around. lata