Looking For A New *quality* Power Supply

After reading about how psu's can sometimes fry your motherboard, I have finally figured out how my motherboard was fried a few months ago (which led me to upgrade to an amd 64) I am now using the same power supply... and I do not want it to happen again. I am looking for a power supply that is fairly priced and has a good brand and can also support all my stuff. I would like it if it had blue lights (if any) and cheap.

I like this one, but I dont know how good the brand is.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...6415&CatId=1079

btw I am looking towards a 500w+ psu

Any suggestions would be nice :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fried_fry

thats a pretty nice psu but i have herd some bad reviews on them. But then again it all comes to personal choice, its great for wire managment!

Most ppl around here would tell you to stay away from the x-connect.

I haven't had personal experience with them, but there are certainly more established quality brands out there.

My number one recommendation for a quality PSU is obviously gonna be PCP&C, however they are expensive. (keep in mind you get what you pay for) Another one you can look into is the OCZ Powerstream 520W. That would be my number two choice :)

yeah i understand. ok, all im looking for now is a good psu, and im just hoping it can go my colour scheme. I'm wanting it to be pre-sleeved uv blue. Is that too much to ask? Is it just me or is it hard to find a nice looking good quality psu? PS: i hate the colour green.

QUOTE(jammin @ Aug 15 2005, 02:26 PM)

One thing to consider when buying a quality PSU - Don't base it on what it looks like.

very good point, in fact the flashier ones are usually the lesser quality ones...

Unless you're looking indside the PSU of course, then what it looks like might actually be a pretty good indication to quality.

Edited by jammin

you could go with an ocz modstream.. if u want presleeved i think frozen cpu does sleaving with their PSUs for a couple bucks .. not sure if thats the right site though .. and i dont know if they deliver to canada.. powerstream comes sleaved .. not color sleeves tho .. but still .. its sleeved..