Seeing Windows Files From Fc4

danyo64

HOW?? i dont seem to be able to see my windows files from fedora core 4. everything i have tried has failed miserably .. although i really havent tried much ..

any help is much appreciated

Linux has no problem reading NTFS, but it just can't reliably write to the filesystem. It _can usually_ resize NTFS partitions also, it just can't modify data on them.

Are you windows drives even being recognized? Can you mount them at all? If they're not there on bootup, maybe they're just not in the fstab file...

for blue cow... yes it being on slax makes a difference.. i can see all my windows files perfectally from slax.. i think the problem is that i didnt set up the dual boot properly .. to get into windows i have to stop fedora from loading then i go into a list with fedora core and "other".. other of coarse being xp .. so i think i'm going to re install fc4.. but ill probably just get lazy

It does depends what patches are in the kernel you are using... The more recent kernel versions have no problems reading and resizing NTFS partitions, and AFAIK, they can also write to them. You just need to edit your fstab file and mount the partition :)