Turning Your Pc On

OvKillz

My last computer, pressing Ctrl-Alt-Backspace would turn OFF the whole computer. Once it turned off like that, you could turn it back on the same way. I used it alot, although it didnt always work. :D

518949[/snapback]

That'd be a bit of a bum for Linux systems, ctrl+alt+backspace is to restart / kill X :)

Anyhow, use a screwdriver and short the power on pin header thing like already mentioned. I do that one all the time :)

That'd be a bit of a bum for Linux systems, ctrl+alt+backspace is to restart / kill X :)

Anyhow, use a screwdriver and short the power on pin header thing like already mentioned. I do that one all the time :)

518977[/snapback]

Thats how i found out :D

Ive also messed around with the buttons, and maybe later i will make my PC turn on with the monitor power button. :D

Step one: RTFM to to find the two pins on the mobo that hook to the on switch. If you are lucky they are color coted or labeled.

Step two: Short them with something.

Caution: be careful not to touch anything else. I killed a mobo this way. Not fun.

I've killed mobos this way. Not fun.

518980[/snapback]

YOu are one "special" person you know that....i actually used to randomly rake a paperclip across the pins on the board in my LAN rig when it was on the bookshelf to start it :lol: never a problem...