Hl2

caffeinejunkie

Yesterday I finally got myself a copy of hl2 and I must say it rapes doom3 in every aspect

It's such a great game and doesnt get boring for a second

Most of the time when I play games I notice patterns in how it plays so I know what to expect

With this game every small puzzle was a new individual challenge

I know this is old news to most of you but it's new to me

I wish I would have gotten it sooner

Also how long did it take you guys to beat it?

I got so into it that I beat it in about 11 hours straight

Also where it ends is briliant setup for the next game

Guest Flashstar

I still think that Doom 3 was better... The only good thing about HL2 is that is comes with CS:S.

Also how long did it take you guys to beat it?

518048[/snapback]

Skipped school to beat it. 14 hours straight. I know what you mean though, it just pulls you right in and you dont ever want to stop playing untill its over.

Guest Jeremy

Definetely a great game. Infact...I think i'm gonna beat it for a fourth time! (must savor summer vacation while it lasts)

I still think that Doom 3 was better... The only good thing about HL2 is that is comes with CS:S.

518049[/snapback]

Yea, because EVERYONE has Crossfired x850PE's with heavily OC'd FX57's to run Doom 3 at a playable FPS.

The source engine is scalable, so it runs fine on even the crappy computer I'm on.

i loved HL2 also. i didnt care for doom3. u just spend most of your time in the dark. what little light you had, the graphics were great but again, you spent most of your time in the dark. never thought i would rely on a flashlight so much

i loved HL2 also. i didnt care for doom3. u just spend most of your time in the dark. what little light you had, the graphics were great but again, you spent most of your time in the dark. never thought i would rely on a flashlight so much

518193[/snapback]

:withstupid:

I thought Doom 3 was OK...but got kind've repetitive minus the occasional break in scenery to see a well-made video. I have to agree that Half Life 2 is one of the greatest games I've played. The only problem I have with it...is if I have the graphics turned up high on my 19" screen, I get motion sickness while playing the game. yes I know I'm gay, but if I have everything up high, I can't play more than 10-15 minutes straight before I get SICK. I mean lay down on the bed and close my eyes sick, sick sick sick.

Guest Silenc3

518193[/snapback]

That and walking into a dark room, you get to the middle... "OMFG YIKES THERES ANOTHER BUNCH OF MONSTERS COMING FROM THE SAME IDIOTIC PLACES TO KILL ME IN TEH CENTER OF THE ROOM AGAIN!" and ofcourse.. "OMG I HAVE COME TO A DOOR, WHAT ARE THE CHANCES SOMETHING WILL BE WAITING ON THE OTHER SIDE?!"

"OMG THE LIGHTS WENT OUT!"

"OMG THE LIGHTS WENT OUT AGAIN!"

"K THE LIGHTS TURNING OUT IS STARTING TO GET BORING!!!"

"OMFG SECTOR 092349823 HAS NO LIGHTS ON!!!"

"UH OH, ANOTHER DOOR!"

"YES I WILL BEAT ALL YOU MONSTERS!!!" -fps Drop- "MUST AIM, MORE TO THE RIGHT, NO LEFT, NO, WAIT, WHERE IS HE, OH, WAIT, NO, NOOOO" -lights go out- "Bleep Bleep stupid Bleep game!"

Though I must admit hl2 wasent a huge challange, but at least I didnt have to think the above everytime I entered into a room.