So Many Distros

apostolics

GrammarNazi note:  Beekon is not a word.  The word you are looking for is "beacon".

517620[/snapback]

Lol

Lexicon Nazi: That is a spelling error, rather than grammatical!

:lol:

j/k

but yes, that test is a good find - very helpful and i will note that for future Linux geeking ;)

Guest Flashstar

Why on earth would anyone besides programmers want to find the hardest linux?!!

I mean, come on! If Fedora Core works well, why can't you stick with it?

Why on earth would anyone besides programmers want to find the hardest linux?!!

I mean, come on! If Fedora Core works well, why can't you stick with it?

527462[/snapback]

curiosity, its wat makes us human, we want to knoe more, we push the limits, thats why we have evolved to be what we are, what if fred flinstone decided not to say yaba daba doo? we wouldnt have an excelent cartoon thats wat LMAO im kidding about that one but im serious man, lol thats how i started, i had WinXP and was interested into doin an illegal act of "internet security" and i kept asking questions and using my favorite guide ...google... and so far, i knoe alot lol, but i still wanna knoe more..but yeh man, people wanna learn more than wat they knoe so thats y people try to doo very hard things w/o knowing anything

Slack was by far the best distro I've used...but for noobs SUSE all the way. Download some live cd's and see which one you like the best tho. Also, you should look into some of the desktop BSD OS's once you master linux, sounds like they have came a long way recently.

Best thing you can do is start to learn how to use the console, that will help you more than anything once you get into slack or bsd.

im sick and tired of ms and i dont like where longhorn went so i see linux as my beekon of light. can some one help me find a no nonsense guide or maybe just your good advice. i already have red hat 9 and so far its not working with my hardware. the thing is i would like a gui because im not that great at command line and i dont see the use for it as an end user setup. i will try to learn the command line though.

i went to linux.org but its outragious the amount of different distros

516708[/snapback]

seems like the neo2 not being liked by linux seems to be common for us neo2 users.