First Time Overclocking

OK im back

my Corsair Twin2X1024A-5400UL came at standard 675 mhz. they have been able to work at 750 mhz at 2,3 volts,so its like a %15 gain which im satisfied with.

Just so you know HR, I think you are missing a zero some where on your 3dmark05 score, cuz you can get 1,278 with a sub $100 grafix card.

Just so you know HR, I think you are missing a zero some where on your 3dmark05 score, cuz you can get 1,278 with a sub $100 grafix card.

516555[/snapback]

oh let me run it again but i think im missing zero at the very end

OK i remember there was a zero at the end.

man so many numbers in my tests my brain cant handle them :P

Edited by HR-rash1k

Man you must to have done some heavy begging to get the people in your CS clan to let you ahve all that money for that awesome rig. 1.5 ghz is a huge overclock! How can you not be happy with that?!?! :)

Man you must to have done some heavy begging to get the people in your CS clan to let you ahve all that money for that awesome rig. 1.5 ghz is a huge overclock! How can you not be happy with that?!?! :)

516565[/snapback]

thanx, but i joined my clan because they had best sponsor payments for me :) As i said before im very satisfied with the overclock but unhappy with the finances. i just think its not fair to spend all that money :)

oh let me run it again but i think im missing zero at the very end

OK i remember there was a zero at the end.

man so many numbers in my tests my brain cant handle them :P

516560[/snapback]

Great scores, nice oc. Make sure your voltage is safe(not sure what you said anymore, and i'm not sure what volts ur proc maxes out at anyway), then run a couple stability tests. First do simple stuff like 8m superpi, then go for an occt test. If it passes that, you are very likely to be 100% stable, but some ppl still insist on a 24hr prime95 run. Check for stability then get back to us!

PS: I wanted one of those prommy's a while ago for my graphics card(I like to overdo it ;) ) but instead I settled on planning a dedicated wc/tec loop for it for the cheaper cost(and I'd rather build stuff myself ;) ). You should be very happy with it! There is no way in hell you could get those clocks on air. You really wanna see if its worth it? Do a Sandra cpu test at stock speeds and overclocked and check out your drystone/whetstone. It'll be a better increase then your 3d2k5 scores(which was so big becuase you are severly cpu limited with those beastly sli 7800gtx's).

holy what freaking cooler u got?

516707[/snapback]

erm... it's in his sig....

you got a 38.6% oc... pretty good... anything over about 30% is a very good oc imo and not many people can do it...

i've not seen many cpu's above 5ghz aside from tomshardware.com craziness so kudos man... i think you've justified the cost of the prometiea right there... :D