I Have Always Wondered Why...

HR-rash1k

...a lot of people just dont like american cars HR-Alex thinks that GM only builds only large vehicles with large engines and they brake down in like three years so he/she would have to buy another one

is that true always wondered

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM cars dont break down after 3 years. I have a 1986 Olds that runs like the day my parents got it, other than the fact you have to use it every day, or the batery will die.

: :withstupid: You spelled it right, but its capitolized, cuz its a proper noun:

Well, in the longrun, that is is a true statement. The same can be said for all American car companies at some point in time in the last 3 decades. The truth is, GM can spit out some shatty vehicles, both ugly and cheap in quality. The reason for this is....well it's kinda deep and may step on peoples' toes, but realistically, the reason is because of the union workers building the cars. Look into the modern union, and you will see what I mean. They want more and more money to do less and less work. And when in a union, one has job security, and if you know you're going to have your job, what incentive is there to work hard to keep it? Where is the competition? It's corporate communism. All of the American car companies are suffering from it, Dodge and Chrysler making a great comeback in the past couple of years, however. They are now my #1 favorte domestic car companies. Ford is really starting to experience the union-effect on their products too. When it's an open market like the U.S., it's hard for american car companies to compete against foreign companies that can builda better quality car for a lot less money. Capitalism at work, and until our American car companies find some way to get rid of the union workers, and hire good labor, they will continue to struggle as they are now. I almost feel sorry for them.

whatever it is all the american cars just dont capture my taste. all the new GM cars look dated and boring. maybe its me, a rich b@stard, who drives a g-wagen (yes, i live in ukraine and i drive a g-wagen), but i just dont like em

I've got a 1992 chevy s-10 truck. it's running a little rough but it's also got over 180,000 miles on it. original everything except for transmission which i replaced not long after i got it.

Just take care of them and they'll run forever.