New Hardware Shipped

My order finally came in from Newegg.

74GB 10,000RPM Raptor

OCZ Modstream 520W PSU

What a difference in perfomance! (Old HDD was 40GB 5400RPM) I'm loving this new raptor drive.

Updated system specs:

AMD 64 3200+ @ 2.5Ghz

2X 512 (1GB) Kingston HyperX PC3200

ATi Radeon X800XL AGP @ 445/1.12Ghz

WD 74GB 10,000RPM Raptor

OCZ Modstream 520W PSU

:D

Guest Jeremy

That 10,000RPM is most definetely paying off. On my IDE 7200RPM drive I get a 12.6ms read time. Compared to that, it would be a noticeable difference.

Edited by Jeremy

I saw a major improvement going from my 7200RPM drive to a Raptor, I can't imagine the improvement you must have saw going from a 5400RPM drive to almost double!!

Congrats on the Raptor purchase. Now all you have to do is save up for another one and set up RAID 0 and you're set for a SCREAMING system (at least when it comes to hard drive performance anyway :D )

Thanks. :)

It's as though my entire system's performance has increased. Everything is so much smoother.

I'm having an issue, though. When I have my IDE HDD (40GB) plugged in, the unit posts fine and everything, but when I'm in Windows and try to format the drive, my system restarts. This also occurs when pulling files from it. Any ideas?

Guest Jeremy
Thanks.  :)

It's as though my entire system's performance has increased.  Everything is so much smoother.

I'm having an issue, though.  When I have my IDE HDD (40GB) plugged in, the unit posts fine and everything, but when I'm in Windows and try to format the drive, my system restarts.  This also occurs when pulling files from it.  Any ideas?

507718[/snapback]

Maybe since its now a slave drive you have to set the jumpers to slave or cable select?