Blue Screen Of Death!

Hushplz

>Right im currently working on a pc.

>Its Windows ME its old and crap :P

>Every now and then it will freeze with a kernel32 error.

>(Kernel32 has now caused an error in KRNL386.exe. Kernel32 will now close. If you continue having problems restart. So i click close and................

>It takes me to a blue screen of death. Error 0e : 0187 : BFF8E64B press any key to continue.

>So i do then it *HITS* me with Kernel32 (Kernel32 caused a general protection fault in module KRNL386.exe at 0001:000075a8)

>And the only thing i can do from that is restart by the switch as the close button doesn't work!!

>So i restart, disabled everything from startup

>Works fine! (Leaving it for 20mins or so) So i begin adding stuff back on.

>Once i have added something and click apply or ok **BAM** Rundll32 error.

>Then blue screen of death (here is the latest error 0e: 0187: bff8e64b)

>Like usual microsoft's website is no help. And i cant find anything really which say's try this, just people with the same problem and no solution.

>I have a feeling it could be hardware, maybe bad RAM?

>It's not a virus or anything like this as i have run the appropriate programs and they comeback clean.

>Its not connected to the internet at the moment either.

A completely new set of hardware, an new OS install, and an OS re-install would fix this, but that's not really the point. Ya, WinME is the worst OS around and deserves to be shot.

YOu said that if you disable start-up items, that it runs properly, but when you put something back in, it blows up, right? Is that any item, or did you just try re-enabling one startup item?

Have you tried to re-install the latest service pack for it?

If you leave the disabled startup items alone, can you run any other apps? If you can't run apps OK, or if you can't do something like changing the wallpaper, then I'd say an OS re-install is the best bet. It probably can be 'fixed' but the time involved with that is gonna be a LOT longer than it would take to reinstall.

Well i left the computer running at work last night to come in to hear bleeping :)

And the pc wouldnt start lmao!

So i found out the beeps were being caused by the RAM so out went the old RAM and i put a new stick in.

It booted fine!

So then i click on run but accidentaly hit the help icon above it.

Error help.exe or something has caused an error in help lmao.

So close that then it went through the same errors again.

followed by the blue screen...........

This isnt my pc and the client isn't willing to buy a new pc just wants a quick fix.

So i reckon the best steps for me to take our......

>Backup important files

>New RAM

>Format Hard Drive

>Reinstall Windows (NOT windows ME) XP or 98

>Place files back on

Quick fix?

So i reckon the best steps for me to take our......

>Backup important files

>New RAM

>Format Hard Drive

>Reinstall Windows (NOT windows ME) XP or 98

>Place files back on

Quick fix?

500873[/snapback]

Not exactly quick but if he's not willing to get a new system, then that should probably be your best course of action.

Well i just created an image of his partitions!

Does it matter if he has 2 partition's and i make 1 backup of the whole thing will it still have the partitions when i restore?

Need to check before i format.

Oh btw windows 98 is going on it

When I shadowed Geek Squad at Best buy almost all of the computers in there for maintence where windows ME, or Windows 2000. The rest where all spyware and virus related problems, god people just don't want to care for thier computers....

But thats good for me, score some cash.