Deep Throat Confirmed!

Ghost2520

look, people. Some of these things you are saying are just allegations. Nixon was not necessarily involved. A lot of people think that his people did this behind his back. I donjt necessarily agree with that view, but I just dont want this thread to be so closed-minded.

Republicans do a pretty good job of giving themselves a bad name on their own. Nixon was just another example of how much republicans are more concerned with their success than they are of the issues.

• 2 weeks later...
look, people.  Some of these things you are saying are just  allegations.  Nixon was not necessarily involved.  A lot of people think that his people did this behind his back.  I donjt necessarily agree with that view, but I just dont want this thread to be so closed-minded.

487398[/snapback]

Allegations? Have you listened to the tapes? Believe me I am the FIRST person to defend Republicans, but Nixon was just so thick in the middle of it, the tapes speak for themselves.

ABSTRACT: "The Smoking Gun" conversation: Haldeman and Nixon discuss the progress of the FBI's investigation especially the tracing of the source of money found on the burglars. They propose having the CIA ask the FBI to halt their investigation of the Watergate break-in by claiming that the break-in was a national security operation.

A discussion of how Hunt's involvement in the Watergate break-in would point the investigators to the CIA, and potentially, Hunt's role in the Bay of Pigs debacle.

ABSTRACT:The "Cancer on the Presidency" conversation: Dean recaps the history of the Watergate break-in and subsequent cover-up for the President. They guess at who was responsible for setting the break-in in motion. Dean tells the President that the cover-up is "a cancer on the Presidency" that must be excised or his Presidency would be in danger. Also discussed: references to blackmail, perjury; discussion of paying the burglars off with one million dollars.
ABSTRACT: Dean advises the President about Hunt's involvement; attempt to shield the President from any wrong-doing; payment of money to Hunt. Also discussed: the President's relationship with Dean, and how the President was dependent on Dean's advice.

The list is endless, you can hear the tapes yourself

http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/watergate.html

Republicans do a pretty good job of giving themselves a bad name on their own. Nixon was just another example of how much republicans are more concerned with their success than they are of the issues.

Way to generalize and group ALL Republicans. It was very cunning on your behalf! Great argument with no evidence! :rolleyes: